Remote Legal Counsel 🔥
At Hotjar, we’re creating Product Experience Insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast.
Reporting to Hotjar’s Legal Team Lead as part of our Compliance division, you’ll focus on Sales enablement, contract, and procurement projects. You’ll communicate daily with internal and external customers, and lead and participate in legal projects spanning different areas of law. You’ll use your legal skills and commercial acumen to help Hotjar’s Sales and Support teams support customers and negotiate vendor agreements. You’ll be part of a team that focuses ruthlessly on being a business enabler.
Working alongside other legal and compliance team members, and external counsels, you’ll draft, review, advise and update contracts, terms of service, external and internal documentation, answer customer queries, and more to enable us to reach .
- Provide best-in-class legal support to Hotjar’s customers and internal team members.
- Review and negotiate legal documents (vendors, sales and partnership agreements, terms of service, NDAs and Data Processing Agreements, addendums, etc.).
- Provide legal advice to executives and team members on a wide range of legal topics.
- Work with external legal advisors to manage Hotjar’s legal risks and ensure compliance with state and federal laws.
- Implement internal processes for managing Hotjar’s legal workflows and record-keeping, and generally to improve efficiencies and comply with Hotjar’s contractual obligations.
- A J.D (or equivalent) legal degree with a license to practice law, having wide-ranging experience practicing law in-house, ideally in the SaaS industry.
- Significant experience with standard contractual or business agreements in the US together with strong negotiation, risk assessment, and collaboration skills.
- A business enablement approach to addressing customer legal matters and contract reviews.
- Experience with data privacy regulations and best practices.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s , and .
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular valued at more than €10,000 a year, plus stock options and 40 days of annual leave. These have been chosen to reflect our and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Here at Hotjar, we welcome team members of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. Working with respect is built into : we are honest, tolerant, and inclusive. We celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We all commit to creating a safe working environment and are allies to those less privileged. And we fully believe that living by these values helps us to make our company, and our product, better.