Head Of Supply Chain 🔥
The Head of Supply Chain will lead our end-to-end operations, including planning, sourcing, fulfilment, and logistics. Your primary objective is to get the supply chain operation to a point where it can scale comfortably with our ambitious growth plans. In doing so, you'll enhance our operating capabilities, optimize our processes, manage and improve our gross margin, ensure a consistent supply source, and oversee product initiatives from procurement and vendor management to logistics and distribution.
We are growing very quickly, and the global supply chain headwinds are strong - but it will be fun and challenging. As an early hire, you'll have the opportunity to significantly impact the business. You'll be a crucial member of our senior leadership team and report directly to the CEO of FOTP.
What You'll Accomplish:
You'll drive overall supply chain strategy and execution, both short-term and long-term, across supply, inventory, 3PLs, transportation, manufacturing, and project management, ultimately scaling and leading the team required to take Front of The Pack to millions of customers and build the most loved and trusted pet nutrition brand on the planet. This will include:
General project management
- Keep the wider FOTP team aware of timelines and expectations in physical product development progress and delivery.
- Anticipate delays and bottlenecks and feed those expectations into project planning across the business by managing and fostering good relationships with all key stakeholders
Managing Suppliers (including but not limited to...)
- Ensuring all our trademark licensing agreements (TMLA's) are in place and up to date with suppliers
- Ensuring all relevant non-disclosure agreements (NDA's) are in place with suppliers
- Ensuring all invoices are paid on time to and are accurate to maintain relationships and good payment history with suppliers (we have a finance team to support)
- Managing supplier relationships to keep pricing, minimum order quantities (MOQ's) and availability information up to date
- Ensuring all regulatory information correctly matches up with stock (CoA's, statements, data sheets) and label claims
- Ensuring our exclusivity agreement contracts are up to date and maintained
- In time, identify and build relationships with new suppliers to scope out new materials and feed that information into product development plans
Manage and execute PO's from start to finish (including but not limited to...)
- Accurate forecasting of all ingredient, packaging and fulfilment materials
- Accurate placing of PO's whilst ensuring seamless documentation and communication of up and coming costs to finance
- Chase and hustle up on deliveries and ensure timely delivery across testing, manufacturing and packaging partners
- Problem solving when inevitably stock becomes unavailable or is subject to delay
- Deploy technical solutions to reduce administration time and increase accuracy / scalability
Track stock level (including but not limited to...)
- Keep a close eye on stock level and flag when new stock and/or components needs ordering
- Keep in contact with suppliers for accurate lead times
- Keep stock tracker up to date with locations and levels of stock across multiple sites
Manage Co-manufacturers / Co-packers / Contract Laboratories:
- Ensure our third party contract manufacturers and packers are fully and accurately briefed on technical specs for testing, blending and packaging
- Project manage production from end to end whilst keeping all relevant stakeholders fully informed on what is going on where and when
- Coordinate activities across tight timelines to ensure no delays by being on the front foot in managing very busy contract manufacturers who need tight management
- Stay on top of communications with co-mans/packers to ensure accuracy and attention to detail are maintained throughout the process to avoid any errors that could result in lengthy delays
- Ensure testing at third party labs is carried out accurately and on time
- Work closely with R&D/Innovation team to qualify and test new materials and raws
- Stay on top of release (quarantine) dates for raw materials and finished goods
Manage third party logistics partners (3PL's):
- Ensure stock levels are maintained at 3PL's for pick and pack activities to continue uninterrupted
- Work with 3PL to ensure they are fully briefed on pack out procedures for all products new and old
- Anticipate and problem solve for delays (e.g. stock missing, wastage, damage and personnel issues)
- Optimize processes to ensure our service levels meet the needs of our customers and business
- Own gross margin expansion strategy and execution end-to-end, driving sourcing, value engineering, distribution and opex initiatives.
- Develop and implement processes and system enhancements to reduce costs and improve operational efficiency, accuracy, and customer service levels.
New product development
- Work with leadership to advise and assist in the development of new products
- Help source suppliers and develop relationships with key industry figureheads in order to help in the development of new and innovative product ideas
- Confirm new suppliers with price, lead time, availability, and inventory projections
- Confirm new suppliers have a fully executed NDA's in place
- Manage expectations around lead times and product development
- Problem solve to help in developing options for bringing innovative products to life. This might include finding new contract manufacturers that work with niche materials, sourcing testing labs that work with specific niche ingredients, sourcing niche products to enable innovative product development.
- 5+ years experience in supply chain roles, with exposure to sourcing, inventory management, demand planning, fulfillment, logistics and manufacturing.
- Strong preference for manufacturing, supply and sourcing background; experience with consumer product or food categories and co-manufacturers a plus.
- Experience in CPG omni-channel environment, including e-commerce and retail fulfillment operations; understanding of subscription business models a plus.
- Demonstrable competency in demand planning, purchasing, and 3PL management.
- Sense of urgency with bias for action. A high level of motivation, disciplined mindset and self-starting capability with proven track record in operating in small or mid-sized companies; entrepreneurial nature and experience working in fast-paced start-up environments a plus.
- Strong communication, teamwork, problem-solving and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to influence across functions and levels.
- Ability to use data and evidence to inform and influence decisions.
- Passion for health, wellbeing, dogs and/or animals a plus
Working at Front of The Pack
- Being part of a small team means you will have the chance to really help shape the future of Front Of The Pack working closely with the leadership team and our team of world-class advisors.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embrace diversity in our culture. We strive to create a happy and healthy workplace for the team.
- We promote a culture of flexible working - we're outcome/results driven & appreciate great people who have family lives too.
- We also offer a budget for personal and professional development as well as personal physical and emotional development.
- FOTP is based in LA and London.
- FOTP has raised over $15m of venture capital by Tier 1 VC's in Europe and the US.
- This role is open to those who wish to be fully remote working but will be US-based.
- This role will come with stock options.
- This role has a comprehensive benefits package associated with it.