Instructional Designer, Training & Certification 🔥
- 2+ years of experience in instructional design and developing learning content
- 2+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Program management experience
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 yrs. relevant work experience
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- Experience with Learning Management System (LMS) content management
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Training and Certification Team is looking for a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented Instructional Designer, who possesses a unique balance of technical depth, business knowledge, and strong interpersonal skills. This role will be responsible for designing and guiding the development of new technical training offerings at AWS. You will partner with several program teams at AWS to design and craft content to educate AWS customers, partners and other learners. You will have the opportunity to shape and execute a strategy for new educational content, services, and features across a breadth of technical domains.
The ideal candidate is an innovative, driven, problem solving Instructional Designer with experience working across multiple instructional delivery modalities to create high-quality learning experiences, that support our growing learning community. The Instructional Designer will curate and design learning solutions that align with the needs of our users, and guide them through their education in cloud services. While the Instructional Designer may or may not be steeped in AWS and the Cloud, he/she should be technically strong and have significant experience with technical subject matter. The candidate will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, implementing processes and interfacing with internal teams and external contributors. This role requires excellent project management skills, strategic thinking and problem solving, and strong communication skills. The ideal candidate will be an organized self-starter with a strong bias for action and the ability to work with cross-functional teams and provide guidance for projects.
Key job responsibilities
- Design, development and maintenance of our program learning models and interface
- Track and report published assets, metrics, work in progress and new requests
- Support consumability and continuous improvement of learning programs through delivery and publication of learning assets (ILT content, digital content, videos, assessments, etc.)
- Continually evaluate solutions for quality and currency
- Pursue a deep understanding of program and learner roles to ensure that learning solutions meet the needs of stakeholders and end users
- Maintain knowledge of new learning approaches, technology and tools
- Contribute to the development and implementation of templates, learning models and overall best practices
- Industry certifications in Instructional Design, Project Management
- 3+ years in project or program management
- Strong knowledge of learning principles and methodologies with a track record of practical application in formal and informal contexts
- Demonstrated ability to communicate difficult concepts and processes using clear and simple language and visuals
- Successful record of building effective learning experiences in the form of websites, just in time solutions, infographics, and video
- Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced work environment
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise integrity and sound judgment in ambiguous situations
- Experience working with xAPI
- A keen eye for design
- A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- LMS implementation and administration skills are a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.