Technical Customer Service Specialist , Aws Trust and Safety 🔥
- 2+ yrs. technical experience working with computer systems and technology components
- Proficiency in MS Office
- High school diploma
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Customer Service (CS) provides global support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services such as Amazon EC2 and Amazon S3. The AWS teams help our customers understand what Cloud Computing is all about, and whether it can be useful for their business needs.
AWS Abuse Investigation & Prevention
Our Abuse Investigation & Prevention Team focuses on scenarios where AWS hosted resources negatively impact third parties on the Internet.
The team is key in maintaining the reputation of AWS’s IP space. The team vets potential abuse issues and contacts AWS customers in order to put a stop to these harmful acts. Abuse Investigation & Prevention acts as the first line of defense for AWS by analyzing trends and reporting findings to AWS service teams as needed. The team devotes their time and attention to helping identify impactful customer scenarios such as these. They classify incoming reports of abuse while exercising sound judgment in the decisions they make. Team members display strong technical skills while providing complex AWS account support to our customers and other AWS teams. The team works to create trust and maintain customer loyalty by going above and beyond the customer’s expectations to ensure Amazon Web Services remains the most customer centric company on Earth!
Key job responsibilities
- Work to become a subject matter expert regarding all types of abuse outlined in the AWS Acceptable Use Policy (https://aws.amazon.com/aup/).
- Own escalated AWS customer issues
- Quickly assess customer issues in order to provide accurate support
- Act as a high-judgement decision maker for escalated situations where there may be no established SOP.
- Work with AWS service teams, account managers, and customers to ensure a consistent and high-quality level of support
- Assume responsibility for developing detailed knowledge about AWS specific services and then using that knowledge to identify training gaps
- Investigate the details of abuse reports and develop processes and responses to help resolve the issue.
- Be able to work independently, while knowing how/when to handle or escalate critical customer issues
- Act as the Voice of the Customer by reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement while actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer experience
- Assist with customer communications and support during AWS critical events
- Manage queues effectively by working and moving cases/tickets to relevant departments and providing required follow-up
- Maintain acceptable performance metrics such as quality, productivity, first contact resolution, and attendance
- Provide consultative analysis to understand how customers are using our services and make recommendations based on the customer needs and provide feedback to business and development teams
- Drive projects that improve support-related functions and processes
- Due to the 24x7 operations of the business, must be able to work a flexible work schedule that may include nights, weekends, holidays, overtime, etc.
- Provides leadership and security teams with feedback on policies, procedures and tools that need improvement or creation
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in a computer-science related field
- Network+ Certification or equivalent demonstrable knowledge
- Security+ Certification or equivalent demonstrable knowledge
- Experience with Amazon Web Services products and features
- Familiarity with Web Technologies and the Internet Knowledge of email servers/clients and best practices
- Understanding of DNS, TCP/IP, SSH, DHCP and Load Balancing Knowledge of both Windows or Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- A drive to dig into the details of a system or process to solve customer-facing problems
- Proven success in a fast-paced support environment
- Demonstrated success driving cross-functional deliverables
- Demonstrated success in resolving complex technical escalations and correction of error post-mortem creation
- Ability to develop and drive proactive solutions Experience in leadership positions
- Experience in Kaizen/Lean to enhance current processes
- Generate cost efficiency by finding technical solutions develop automation for manual processes
The base pay range for this position is $51,800-90,600/yr; Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.