Technical Writer Ii - Works From Home 🔥
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Technical Writer will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and deploying process documentation for the Enterprise Field Operations organization with Lumen. In this role, you will partner with various organizations to take their business needs and transform them into efficient, actionable processes that will enable our Field Operations team to deliver world class networks and technology to our customers. You will use your knowledge of networking, and eco-system collaboration to develop and define communications on a variety of platforms to drive innovations and improvements into our business model. The Technical Writer is an independent contributor who can work with minimal supervision and who is willing to think creatively and make independent decisions within the scope of their assigned work.
The Main Responsibilities
- Gather and analyze technical information through partnerships within Lumen to document new or changing processes.
- Write, format, edit, review, and proof procedural and technical process information for technical and nontechnical users.
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and tracking documentation work to meet product release dates and deliverables.
- Create, edit, and manage communications, maintain and promote grammatical standards.
- Ability to apply consistent standards for editing consistency.
- Maintain a library of application documentation, cataloging it for internal and/or external use.
- Publish and maintain templates for written documentation produced by others (technical specifications, RFP responses, business cases, etc.), ensuring a consistent "look and feel."
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a technical field.
- 5-7 years of experience required in creating documentation for audiences with different levels of technical skill.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Experience in presenting technical information in a live setting, such as classroom training, presentations, or video conference.
Requisition #: 316451
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
46350Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary RangeSalary Min :
46350Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.