Accounting/tax Support Specialist
At GovOS, we believe that government’s potential to do good is largely measured by how quickly they respond to and accommodate citizen needs, both online and off. Evolving out of 30+ years of providing public sector services, GovOS has been built with the mission to accelerate the digital transformation of government. We are committed to being exceptional partners with agencies nationwide as we work together to bridge the growing gap between the analog and digital ages.
MUNIRevs, which started in 2011, automates the collection of sales, lodging, and other various tax payments. We contract with jurisdictions and provide support to both the business users and jurisdiction users. We have processed millions in paperless revenues for our jurisdictions and excel at providing stellar customer service and efficient solutions
to our clients and their businesses. The full support team works remotely utilizing online tools and video conferencing for collaboration.
MUNIRevs Support Specialists serve as the lead point of contact for all businesses filing with our online system. This means assisting businesses with anything from registering to amending tax returns.
- Accessing Website
- Email Delivery
- Technical problems with the computer
- Account information such as frequency and setting requirements.
In addition to ongoing support, Support Specialists also perform administrative functions, including but not limited to:
- Creating and/ or updating system procedures in our online help system to assist in user support questions.
- Excel functionality, including reviewing and formatting data for import, or balancing data, or performing
- analysis using VLookup functions.
- Creating procedures, checklists and related documents or forms for operations, including support, conversions or other key functions.
- Solid software experience with MS Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Must include strong experience with VLookup and Pivot Tables
- Online interfaces including: ticketing system, email, chat functions
- Ability to handle high volume high stress days
- Problem solving skills
- Superb organizational skills with a strong ability to manage documents and task list
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks at one time, including multiple support tickets and calls
- Proven self-management skills to complete projects (i.e. Excel data conversion) within deadline and with absolute accuracy with little supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Degree/Certification in Accounting or Business preferred but not required or equal accounting experience in city finance or related areas.
- Impeccable references a must.
- Confidentiality Agreement Required
As a full-time employee, you will receive access to the following benefits
- Leadership and career development opportunities
- Low cost insurance (medical, dental, vision, life & disability)
- 401(k) plan (company matching)
- Paid holidays
- Open PTO - no accruals
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Educational assistance
- Business casual environment