Senior Associate - Bdc Fund Accountant
IQEQ is a preeminent service provider to the alternative asset industry. IQEQ works with managers in multiple capacities ranging from hedge fund, private equity fund, and mutual fund launches; private equity fund administration; advisory firm set-up, regulatory registration and infrastructure design; ongoing regulatory compliance (SEC, CFTC, and 40 Act); financial controls and operational support services; compliance and operational related projects and reviews; and outsourced CFO/controller and administration services to private equity fund investments – portfolio companies, real estate assets and energy assets. Our client base is growing and our existing clients are engaging the firm across the spectrum of our services offerings.
The BDC Fund Accountant is an important addition to the BDC Fund Accounting team as it seeks to support a growing firm, build a world class, customer focused, finance team and drive operational excellence. The BDC Fund Accountant will have primary responsibility for reviewing and preparing all SEC related reporting for the public and private BDCs. The BDC Fund Accountant will also assist in internal reporting, financial reporting automation, process improvement and other initiatives and projects. The principal responsibilities for supporting the BDCs include:
- Working directly with the client’s third-party administrator to coordinate workflow and reviewing all accounting deliverables to ensure accuracy and conformity with applicable accounting standards.
- Responsible for month- and quarter-end close review of BDC financial reports and statements.
- Responsible for SEC reporting requirements including Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K and proxy filings by preparing / reviewing supporting schedules and related analysis.
- Ensure the accurate compilation and reporting of financial data in accordance with US GAAP and SEC reporting guidance.
- Monitoring compliance with the SEC and IRS regulatory tests applicable to BDCs.
- Support the preparation of deliverables related to the earnings release, board of director presentations and working cooperatively with BDC CFO and PAO.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors for corporate SOX requests and walkthroughs.
- Working closely with the client’s investment team with ad hoc requests including updating BDC financial model, liquidity management, portfolio manager reporting and various other ad hoc requests.
- Providing oversight of the valuation process of the investment portfolio.
- Liaising with the client’s investment and operation teams to review and enhance internal and investor reporting.
- Responding to ad hoc request from external investors including return calculations and performance summaries.
- Working with client’s investor relations team to prepare quarterly investor deck/earnings release.
- Work with external auditors during quarterly reviews, annual audits and interim test work. Assist in managing external auditors' requests and schedules in order to complete quarterly reviews and annual audits in accordance with reporting deadlines, Board of Director meetings, Audit Committee meetings, etc.
- Preparing materials for BDC Board of Directors.
- Ad hoc support and analysis for BDC CFO and PAO.
- Proactively search out ways to improve and streamline processes, including assisting with technology initiatives.
- Performing research on new accounting pronouncements and their impact to the financial statements.
- Lead special projects, as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education required (Accounting or Finance preferred).
CPA with public accounting experience preferred.
3+ years of experience in a related function (fund admin or finance support position for a fund).
Significant experience working in a BDC is a plus (especially non-traded BDCs) or other similar 40 Act investment vehicle.
Public accounting and SEC reporting experience is strongly desired.
Alternative investment fund accounting experience required.
Strong organizational, analytical and financial skills.
Excellent communication skills.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, with emphasis on high skill level in Excel required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.