The Accounting Manager will primarily be responsible for overseeing accounts payable related to mortgage servicing, corporate advances and agency claim funds. This team will consist of 3 team members that each have ownership over various tasks related to servicing AP and the reconciliation of corporate advances and receipt of agency claim funds. Many of the processes within this department are time sensitive based on state/federal regulations, investor guidelines and agency requirements so it is critical that solid procedures and appropriate business continuity are present.
Founded in 1997, TMS is a national company headquartered in the Greater Phoenix Metro area along with offices in New York and Connecticut. Housing a variety of customer-facing roles as well as many specialized mortgage and loan servicing roles. We take pride in being an innovative, autonomous, customer-service focused, and tech-oriented company. By living our Core Values of People Matter, Inspiring Leadership, Strength of Character and Rock Solid Service, we have created a culture of excellence that strives to provide the one thing that all of our customers seek: The Perfect Customer experience!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with compliance team to maintain updated rules for Loansphere application
- Review and approve invoices from Default vendors based on investor and state guidelines
- Handle escalation requests regarding Loansphere payments
- Define requirements for and implement tools and processes to improve data quality and visibility
- Processing of invoices within the Fannie Mae servicer invoicing system and Freddie Mac E-Bill system
- Perform testing to QC third party vendor work. Review error reports and document/communicate issues found. Determine solutions for issues
- Update/create procedures and continue to enhance and optimize the corporate advance boarding process
- Support onboarding team efforts for building processes, including developing reporting and improving communication with internal and external parties
- Work with the accounting team on daily reconciliation of servicing accounts such as Claims Clearing and Corporate Advance claims balances
- Research reconciling items, communicate them to the appropriate lines of business, and follow up/escalate as needed to ensure timely resolution
- Work with various lines of business on recurring reconciling items to identify root cause and resolve
- Serve as back-up/support on account reconciliations when needed
- Documenting, tracking, and reporting reconciling items to senior leadership
- Analyze Servicing Accounting policies and procedures to identify areas of opportunity for improvement/streamlining
- Respond to internal and external audits regarding Loansphere processes and corporate advances in general; develop QC reporting resulting from audit findings
- Candidates that show high level of aptitude will be included in advanced projects as assigned
- Minimum 3 years mortgage servicing experience
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience or minimum 5 years relevant experience at a financial institution
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- MSP and Loansphere Experience preferred
- Accounts Payable Management a plus
- Analytical, detail oriented, independent thinker
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the willingness to be flexible and adapt to change
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Math, or another related field or at least 5 years of relevant experience.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.