Senior Product Designer
About the Role Houzz is looking for a cross-platform product designer with a growth mindset - someone who wants to have an immediate impact on a great product. We are creative, curious, customer focused and passionate about solving problems. We iterate fast, design with data & research, and collaborate closely with multiple teams.
We are looking for a user-centric product designer with an entrepreneurial mindset to join our close-knit design team. Houzz has grown into the top destination for home design & remodeling but we feel we are just getting started. We strive to provide an exceptional and inspiring experience for our users that seamlessly connects multiple user-journeys through innovative technology and top-notch design. __________________
What You’ll Do
- Design scalable concepts - We design for many platforms and content types. We drive design ideas from early business needs, through rough concepts, to final, pixel-perfect implementation
- Show attention to details on all levels - Our work doesn't begin or end with pixels. We are constantly brainstorming new ideas and concepts while optimizing our current experiences
- Stay on brand, until you can’t - We know how to work within a design system while recognizing opportunities to draw outside the lines and improve our design language
- Be a team player - We don’t design in a bubble and everyone has a voice in our projects. In order to produce the best possible experience for our users all of our teams work together and provide feedback to each other. We collaborate with engineering, product and data analytics teams to build the best user experience
- Iterate and learn - Our team is on the forefront of our user-experience and relishes testing quickly, learning from results, and then applying the findings to future experiences.
At a Minimum, We’d Like You to Have
- An outstanding portfolio - Strong design thinking skills with focus on user-centered solutions
- Experience designing for consumer-facing products - 2+ years preferred experience designing and shipping consumer products with proven results
- A deep understanding of the problem you're solving - you create intuitive experiences while considering diverse business requirements and technical complexities
- Excellent communication skills - You can effectively communicate your design rationale both verbally and visually
- An understanding of trends in product design - including interaction patterns for web and mobile
- Self-motivation - No specific domain expertise in traditional growth teams is required (although it’s a plus); we’re looking for smart, motivated self-starters who can learn quickly
- A collaborative mentality - desire to help and mentor (and be helped and mentored by) other designers on the team
- Adaptability and flexibility - comfortable working in an ever-changing, fast-paced and cross time-zone environment
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Commuter benefits
- Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
- Maternity/paternity leave program
- Employee assistance program
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Healthy at Houzz program
Houzz is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. When applying for a role at Houzz, we guarantee your application will be considered regardless of your sex, race, religion, color, gender, national origin, height or weight, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We embrace and celebrate the value that diversity brings to an organization and understand that diverse backgrounds and different points of view are essential components of helping Houzz in our mission to provide the best experience for home renovation and design. Houzz is committed to fostering an inclusive environment through projects and initiatives such as employee resource groups and diversity workshops.
Houzz celebrates differences and strives to create a comfortable and authentic climate for Houzzers to feel supported, where they are welcomed to think creatively and contribute to innovative ideas, while having the freedom to be themselves and share their lives at work.
By applying for a job with us, you acknowledge and agree to the terms of our Job Applicant Privacy Notice
- Roles listing ‘Remote - US’ as a location are not currently available in the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Louisiana, and Montana