Marketing Analyst 🔥
Position Summary: Utilize your analytical experience and strong written and verbal communication and technical skills, attention to detail, and passion for making a difference in the world to help increase the leads, volunteers, and revenue for international and USA volunteer service programs that serve children and families in developing communities around the world. You can work from your home office or at Global Volunteers corporate office in St. Paul, MN.
The Marketing Analyst is passionate about technology and data – and measuring it – to help Global Volunteers increase the number of individuals, couples, families, and group volunteers. This professional is an expert in digital marketing, analysis, and online platforms and knows how to improve performance across digital channels ultimately increasing volunteer recruitment. The Analyst keeps up with digital marketing trends and brings a fresh perspective and innovative technology and platform ideas to the table. This position utilizes Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising, Social Media Marketing (SMM), and more to continually improve Global Volunteers’ branding, return on investment, and overall marketing results, to improve the lives of children and families across the world.
Organization Summary: Global Volunteers is a private, non-profit, non-sectarian, international organization in consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council. With a worldwide staff of 70 and a $3.5 million budget, Global Volunteers is proud to have celebrated 38 years of engaging short-term volunteers on micro-economic and human development programs in close partnership with local communities. Serving at the invitation and under the direction of local leaders, volunteers focus on creating, nurturing, and sustaining the well-being of the world’s children and their community, that they might realize the full promise of their human potential.
Global Volunteers’ strategy is a direct approach to wage peace and promote justice by encouraging and enabling people throughout the world to spend short periods working with and learning from local people in communities other than their own. This is a Win-Win-Win strategy. The children, families, and communities benefit from the volunteers’ service, improved nutrition and health, enhanced education, and greater opportunity to realize their full potential. Volunteers benefit from the knowledge gained, new friendships made, and added meaning to their lives. The world benefits from more people waging peace, promoting justice, and escaping poverty.
In this pursuit, Global Volunteers has engaged more than 38,000 short-term volunteers in service to children and communities in 36 countries on six continents. Oprah Winfrey described Global Volunteers as an organization providing “people with an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children around the globe.”
For more information, visit our website at.
Qualifications: The Marketing Analyst must be well-grounded in and strongly committed to Global Volunteers’ international goals. Must communicate clearly and persuasively in oral and written form and have a high level of attention to detail. Required to have strong people skills. Must be able to work with minimal supervision, both collaboratively with a team as well as independently, and manage several projects simultaneously. Must have expert ability in MS Office suite (especially Excel), and database applications (Salesforce preferred or applicable CRM). In-depth understanding of SEM campaign strategies and SEO practices. Experience with SEM platforms, PPC campaigns, Google Analytics, and WordPress (preferred) platform. Creative thinking (visual & messaging); digital design skills are a significant plus. Preferred passion for human and economic development and international relations.
1. Marketing Analysis and ROI Measurement
· Utilize analytics and data tools and techniques to help the organization increase leads and revenue, improve strategies, and help make marketing decisions
· Devise methods for tracking and reporting on marketing campaigns and provide actionable insights and recommendations for improvement
· Conduct multi-variate testing for messaging across all channels, including emails, social media messages, etc.
· Analyze and report on competitors’ websites and online marketing performance and effectiveness
· Analyze all inquiries and leads by source, cost, and effectiveness
· Analyze CEO presentation results
2. Internet Inquiries
· Enhance SEO to produce more high quality individual, family, and corporate, academic, and faith-based group leads
· Increase inquiries from Internet searches
· Recommend and implement digital/online advertising strategies, including where to reach people with our customer demographics online
· Capture and report on specifics about web-attributed revenue and leads
· Stay current on digital marketing trends and share ideas/suggestions with the team as appropriate
3. Website Analysis
· Monitor, evaluate, and report website page views, user journeys, visitor onsite behavior and engagement trends, conversion paths, and other metrics
· Recommend enhancements to improve user experience, performance, site usability, and functionality, and to keep up with digital trends
· Collaborate with Digital Media Manager on tracking and reporting website metrics
4. Data Management and Reports
· Assist in building and managing Volunteer Alumni, Leads, and other customer segmentation lists
· Report weekly, monthly, etc. inquiries by source
· Report on conversion rates from leads by inquiry source to volunteer service program registrations
· Report on advertising results and online reviews
· Report monthly recipients of referral discounts
· Other reporting as needed
5. Email Marketing
· Segment the company’s database by various demographics and volunteer experiences
· Regularly help plan emails to database segments in collaboration with other staff
· Ensure email distributions follow marketing best practices, applicable regulations, and anti-spam laws
6. Volunteer Alumni Engagement and Referrals
· Track and measure Volunteer Alumni engagement (Alumni have previously volunteered on a service program)
· Manage, analyze, and produce reports for Volunteer Alumni Engagement and Referral activities
· Manage Global Volunteers Alumni Facebook Group
· Research demographic and interest data for Volunteers prior to their service programs
· Review Volunteer evaluations, team journal, and team leader report to prepare for connecting with Volunteers upon their return from a service program
· Catalyze online reviews and testimonials from Volunteers after they return from service programs
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement: Four-year degree in quantitative, marketing, communications, or similar discipline.
Employment and Benefit Information: The Marketing Analyst is a full-time, exempt employee who works either from their home office in the US or at the corporate headquarters in St. Paul, Minnesota. Global Volunteers offers a complete compensation package including salary, generous paid time off, health insurance, dental insurance, free parking at the corporate office, ongoing training, opportunities for professional development, domestic or international service program travel, and optional pretax employee contribution to their retirement fund. One of Global Volunteers’ core values is to promote from within. Further, we are a family-friendly company recognizing that family trumps everything.
Working Environment: Global Volunteers staff work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and must be creative, flexible, efficient, and effective problem solvers. With staff located worldwide, excellent communication skills and a strong interest in and awareness of international events are essential to success. Self-starters with a roll-up-your-sleeves, get-the-job-done attitude are especially effective. We promote a cooperative, family-friendly, mission-driven environment that enables employees to utilize their skills and capabilities to expand their horizons, help the organization succeed, and make a genuine difference in the world.
Reports to: Marketing Director
Deadline: Open until filled
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject line should read: Marketing Analyst Position.
Your cover letter must address each of the following in individual paragraphs:
1. A detailed description of your experience as it relates to the responsibilities listed in the job description.
2. Your motivation to help facilitate community development with a focus on mothers and children.
3. Your international travel experience.
4. Why you want to work for Global Volunteers.
Contact Name: Maiya Koch
Contact Phone: 651-407-6100
Contact Email: email@example.com
Organization: Global Volunteers
Employer Type: Nonprofit
industry: International Human and Economic Development
Job Title: Marketing Analyst
Job Location: Remote or Twin Cities, MN Metro
Salary: $45,000 to $55,000
Benefits: Health and Dental Insurance, generous PTO
Hours: (negotiable depending on time zone)