Senior Content Marketing Manager 🔥
Location: Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US and India. We welcome applicants from all states in the US.
Data-driven companies win. We've built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Analysts and Data Scientists. As we've grown, an increasingly broad audience—people on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to Engineering, and everything in between—has begun to use Mode to collaborate with analysts and use data in everyday decisions. For our 600+ customers, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
Marketing at Mode
The Mode marketing team is a creative crew of market strategists, empathetic storytellers, and quantitative thinkers.
We're looking for a strategic and collaborative Senior Content Marketing Manager to pitch and create trusted and polished content that catches the attention of our data-fluent audience.
For the first time in Mode's history, we're ramping up our content output with the help of new resources. As we embark on this brand new chapter of Mode's content, we're looking for a seasoned writer, storyteller, and strategist, to come on board and help us produce and scale our content lineup with quality and regular cadence from tight production processes.
Over the next year, we'll need to produce thoughtful and differentiating content ranging from blog articles, videos, social media, and gated thought leadership. Some of this content will require you to meet our data analysts where they're at, getting into the nuts and bolts of analysis (with some help of subject matter experts), while other pieces will be focused on welcoming a new, broader audience of business teams (non-analysts) into Mode (our job is to help them take their data practices to the next level).
We're a collaborative group, guided by a customer-centric process, and are eager to have another content team member who has a discriminatory eye for excellence in content and excitement in setting it live.
What you'll do:
- Bring seasoned experience to our content team. You'll use audience and channel performance data to contribute to editorial team meetings and pitch strategic content for growth.
- Produce content across all kinds of channels and formats, but primarily in short-form and long-form articles/gated assets to start. You infuse content with customer-centric insights, leveraging your own research as needed to create informative, compelling, and accurate content. You approach content with a reporter's mindset.
- Work with subject matter experts internally (e.g., data team members) to dig into the nuts and bolts of analysis and translate their knowledge to the masses, while making them feel comfortable during the process and accurately represented in the final outcome.
- Set up a staggering schedule to meet rolling deadlines.
- Set up our content partners—freelance writers, designers, and PMMs—for success with detailed briefs that clearly state content project goals and how we'll achieve them.
- Be able to manage external agencies and freelancers, effectively communicating standards.
- Act as a second set of eyes that can be trusted to monitor engaging copy across channels and can assist in coaching writers with less experience (including subject matter experts).
- Track key performance metrics for content, and eventually be comfortable using Mode to report on content at Mode.
What we look for:
- Alignment with Mode's values.
- A proven track record of quality-content delivery.
- An understanding of the role content plays at every stage in a SaaS buying journey.
- The ability to keep content development processes tight and on track.
- Application of journalistic standards (an exceptional standard for accuracy, not burying the lede, comfortable knowing how to cite other blogs, etc.)
- An eye for compelling, but no bs-language that earns trust.
- Ability to create strong, collaborative relationships with cross-functional and external partners.
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
Salary Range: $115,000-$150,000 to be determined by level.