SCOPE OF ROLE
As a Senior Experience Designer, you are a key contributor in the planning and execution of human-centered experiences at Bright Health. You collaborate with your fellow designers, the design strategy and research team, and the Vice President of Product Design. You expertly craft digital experiences leveraging extensive knowledge of interaction design, visual design, and/or content design.
In this role, you will apply your passion for the brand, craft, and design fidelity to create innovative end-to-end experiences.
As a Senior Experience Designer, you will:
- Collaborate with a team of designers in creating visions, forging concepts, and crafting the journey that will take the provider-facing and or internal facing experiences of the Bright HealthCare insurance plan to the next level.
- Work on multiple designs/projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately with a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the overall experience.
- Create journey maps to show and tell the steps required to complete simple or complex tasks.
- Define information architecture, hierarchy, and workflow expressed as diagrams and screen schematics.
- Create look and feel of the interface through color, typeface, illustration, photography, and layout.
- Respect standards but constantly push where new ideas will improve the design, taking care to back your ideas up with qualitative testing and production metrics.
- Work with the product and engineering partners to ensure timely delivery and alignment with product strategy.
- Generate design specifications for fonts, color, and layout and deliver graphical assets required to build interfaces across multiple digital platforms.
- Implement the mechanical aspects of a conceptual design for development, testing, and deployment.
- Demonstrate understanding of new technologies and best practices in mobile and web navigation, browsers, information architecture and usability.
- Execute on the fine details of experience design across the Bright Health ecosystem, especially in provider facing responsive web applications
- Build strong relationships and operating rhythms with team members inside and outside their core product team to efficiently design user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed
- Develop a deep empathy for consumers and medical providers
- Use insights gained through research to improve our products and deliver innovate new experiences
- Advocate for end-users in a fast-paced product climate, creating designs that foster a shared understanding of the user-centric intersection between design, product, and engineering
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree OR 4 additional years of work experience.
- 6+ years of design experience with a strong portfolio of designs.
- 6+ years of relevant, on-the-job experience in Product Design, UI design, or UX Design, delivering complex design systems for web and/or mobile applications.
- Extensive experience designing and supporting digital products inside an Agile environment using human-centered design principles, methods and problem-solving strategies.
- A portfolio that demonstrates extensive experience designing digital experiences for web-based applications, not just front-end websites.
- Demonstrated ability to work fluently with standard design and workplace applications, including tools such as Figma, prototyping tools (InVision, Figma, Axure, etc.), task management tools (Asana, Trello, JIRA, etc.), documentation tools (Zeplin, Inspect, Confluence, etc.), Adobe CC and Microsoft Office Suite.
$70,000 — $120,000/year
Austin, Texas, United States