Security Operations Engineer Ii, Fedramp 🔥
Jamf extends the legendary Apple experience people enjoy in their personal lives to the workplace. With Jamf, IT and security teams are able to confidently manage and protect Mac, iPad, iPhone and Apple TV devices, easing the burden of updating, deploying and securing the data used by their end-users. Jamf’s purpose is to simplify work by helping organizations manage and secure an Apple experience that end users love and organizations trust.
We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for helping customers empower their workforce to focus on their jobs, not the hassles of managing technology – freeing nurses to care, teachers to teach and businesses to thrive. We have over 2,000 employees worldwide with offices in the U.S., Europe, Japan, and Australia. To learn more visit: .
Jamf operates as a choice-based office model. Choose an assigned desk, a shared desk, or connect remote from your home office.
What You'll Do:
The Security Operations Engineer will work with the Cloud and Delivery team to continue to build, automate and maintain cloud security services. They will be responsible for Security Design and Architecture, Log Collection, Security Incident Management, Identity and Access Management, Vulnerability and Patch management. They will be responsible for maintaining operation of the environment in accordance with our service level agreements and providing support to both our staff and customers.
- Provides security expertise and guidance to a set of Cloud and Delivery teams
- Responsible for the tools, configuration, administration and related processes around Security Information and Event Management
- Responsible for Web application firewall and related prevention, detection and mitigation of DDoS attack
- Performs regular firewall audits in line with our procedures. Provides the appropriate documentation, supporting evidence and follow up on identified issues requiring remediation
- Responsible for tooling, processes and follow up actions related to our vulnerability scanning and external port scanning needs and practices
- Handles the identification, planning and implementation of cloud hardening needs. Works collaboratively with Operations and other internal teams to communicate, document and implement
- Performs security incident analysis, response and remediation
- Participates in design and implementation of security automation workflows
- Maintain the technical documentation of processes and procedures
- Perform scripting duties in BASH and Python
- Maintain an advanced level of knowledge of JAMF Cloud Services and related products
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years IT security principles, security operations, techniques, and technologies. (Required)
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with Linux/Unix command line interfaces, including shell or python scripting (Required)
- Minimum of 2 years experience with industry standard configuration management and deployment tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other) (Required)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (Preferred)
- Experience in a current programming language (e.g. Python, Golang) (Preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of containerization concepts and Kubernetes (Preferred)
- Basic knowledge of MySQL or Postgres (Preferred)
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent (Required)
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered
- Any of the following are preferred: RHCE (RedHat Certified Engineer), AWS Solutions Architect Associate, AWS Certified Developer Associate, AWS Certified SysOps Associate, AWS Certified Security.
- This position will perform work that the U.S. government has specified can only be performed by a U.S. citizen located physically in the U.S., and therefore any employment offer will be contingent upon verification of both of these requirements. Applicants who are not U.S. citizens or who are located outside of the U.S. are strongly encouraged to apply for other positions at Jamf, which is an equal-opportunity employer.
- Recently named a Best Workplace in Technology, Fortune Magazine 2021.
- We know that big ideas can come from anyone, so we empower everyone to make an impact. Our
more than 90% employee retention rate agrees!
- You will have the opportunity to make a real and meaningful impact for more than 50,000 global
customers with the best Apple device management solution in the world.
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us.
- Our volunteer time off allows employees to support and give back to our communities.
- We encourage you to simply be you. We constantly seek and value different perspectives to ensure
Jamf is a place where everyone feels comfortable and can be successful.
- 23 of 25 world’s most valuable brands rely on Jamf to do their best work (as ranked by Forbes).
- Over 100,000 Jamf Nation users, the largest online IT community in the world.
You are the right kind of Jamf if:
You go above and beyond for others, are willing to help, and support the team around you. You value and learn from different perspectives. You are a problem solver, curious and resourceful, self-driven and constantly improving. You roll up your sleeves and dig in. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You are someone who just wants to do the right thing.
Our mission is simple; we help organizations succeed with Apple. At Jamf, we put people first. We strive to do what’s right – for our customers, our employees, and our communities. In the spirit of our values of selflessness and relentless self-improvement, we seek to learn, engage, and grow. We better ourselves for the betterment of others. All voices are critical to the innovative and collaborative work that we do. It is important that all of our Jamfs feel comfortable being their truest selves at work. Be your best self, and let your individuality shine at Jamf!
Get social with us: , , or follow the conversation at #OneJamf