Spanish Over The Phone Interpreter | Opi - 🔥
At Ad Astra, we don’t just think outside of the box … we speak, sign, and write there too. We help companies connect with consumers through linguistic support in over 250 spoken and signed languages. We are a woman-owned small business with a long history of providing unparalleled language services to clients throughout the nation and globe.
We are seeking talented experienced individuals to work as Freelance OPI providers for our Governmental clients. As a Freelance OPI provider with our agency you can accept and deny assignments based on your schedule, set your own rates and terms, and work for other agencies.
After winning several large federal contracts, Ad Astra is growing our US-based OPI operations comprising more than 200 providers of various languages including Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Arabic and Tagalog.
Part-time and full-time positions will be determined on skillset level and experience.
- Interpret messages, live speeches, voice recordings and other verbal communications into another language, with careful attention to providing proper context, meaning, tone and technical wording
- Provide over the phone, video relay, and other telephonic interpretation services on an as needed basis
- Honor outlined ethical codes to ensure sensitive and confidential information remains secure and protected
- Identify terms and words with conflicting meanings to determine which alternative provides clarity and reflects the original purpose of the message
- Analyze audience members and listen to debriefings on what materials will be translated, to best assess how to present interpreted data
- Native speaker fluency in Target Language
- Experience in specific verticals
- High proficiency in written and spoken English
- Previous interpretation experience
- You will need reliable computer (Desktop PC or Laptop) which can run Windows 10 and has at least 8GB of Ram available for processing
- Must have a dedicated high-speed, private, and secured internet connection.
- Internet connection: Minimum download speed 10 Mbps / Minimum upload speed 3 Mbps, Latency 100ms, Jitter 30ms, Total packet loss 1%
- Headphones: Use a noise cancelling, USB wired headset with a built-in microphone (no wireless/Bluetooth headphones)
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Must pass and retain a Public Trust Clearance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Are you able to pass and retain a Public Trust Clearance?
- OPI interpretation: 1 year (Required)
- SPANISH (Required)
Work Location: Remote