Summary: Perform a variety of routine accounting duties according to existing procedures and methods for parent company and subsidiaries. Prepare or assist in preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for senior management, regulatory agencies and external auditors. Research and respond to inquiries of examiners, auditors and management. Assist in coordinating and developing reliable information for compliance with various regulatory and financial reporting requirements.
All employees are expected to protect the information and assets of the organization through heightened awareness of information security, cyber security, and risk management best practices, as well as complying with all applicable laws, regulations, and organizational policies.
Responsibilities: include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare and post parent and subsidiaries' activity, including cash receipts, journal entries, general ledger, cash disbursements, and general ledger reconciliations as well as all required reports.
- Assist in ensuring that financial data is properly prepared and stated for monthly, quarterly, and annual regulatory and financial reports.
- Assist in ensuring data for various software programs, including general ledger, accounts payable, shareholder accounting, fixed assets, prepaid and regulatory reports are properly entered or recorded.
- Assist in preparation of Corp Stockholder processing.
- Maintain specialized accounting software and functions such as shareholder accounting, dividend checks, fixed asset accounting, prepaid, lease accounting, systems for customer deposit products and 1099 preparation.
- Preparation of various balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Receive and post entries for checking and dividend accounts, reconcile accounts and prepare various reports.
- Assist other members of the Accounting Department as required.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and yearly tax information.
- Review bank deposit accounts and perform reconciliation of accounts.
- Assist with designing and building reporting structures and formats through use of various software programs.
- Assist with research and audits as necessary.
- Maintain subsidiary schedules that support and reconcile to control accounts or control activities.
- Assist with investment duties and activities as required.
- Assist with daily funds settlement process.
- Assist with various state and local reporting, including annual reports, unclaimed property and tax returns.
- Assist with the budget process.
Qualifications and Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Three to five years of experience in accounting field preferred.
- Must successfully meet the requirements of Accountant I position.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to problem solve, prioritize tasks and meet required deadlines.
- Ability to think critically and use good, sound judgment in decision making.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from regulatory agencies, outside auditors and accountants, Board of Directors or other members of management.
- Ability to write routine correspondence and communicate effectively and tactfully, orally and in writing with employees, customers, vendors and management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must understand and comply with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to deal with several abstract or concrete variables simultaneously.
- Ability to oversee goals and projects and ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Must have the ability to maintain a friendly, helpful and courteous attitude when working with customers or co-workers under diverse conditions.
- Must have the ability to accurately and quickly complete standard mathematical calculations.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to interpret various ratios and relationships inherent in common or specialized financial reports.
- Ability to project future results or consequences from different alternatives or variables.
- Ability to use a calculator, computer and applicable software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word, Outlook and Excel.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must have the ability to lift and carry 25 pounds for a distance of 50 feet.
Intent and Function of Job Descriptions: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills or working conditions. The duties and responsibilities enumerated are essential job functions except for those that begin with the word “May.”
promotes an Equal Employment Opportunity workplace which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise disabled applicants and employees.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. Banterra
maintains its status as an at-will employer.
Banterra Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.