As Ascend's Controller, you'll be responsible for guiding a challenging major expansion by planning and directing the accounting operations of the company. You need to be a self-sufficient, independent, take charge person who enjoys working at a fast, time sensitive pace, while providing tangible, creative solutions. This is a fast paced, entrepreneurial company looking for a progressive, highly competitive person with some background in Private Equity, Venture Capital or Investment banking. If you possess any of these qualifications and are seeking a top shelf opportunity then please apply.
As Controller, you will:
- Oversee the operations of the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implement a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversee the production of periodic financial reports, forecasts, and statements; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Produce the annual budget and forecasts; report significant budget differences to management.
- Assist Senior Management with important financial decisions by providing financial analysis, with emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
What we offer:
- Benefits Package: medical, dental, vision
- 401k with company match
- Paid time-off, company holidays and much more!
- FREE Annual Ascend Medical membership for you, everyone in your household – and your parents
Who we are:
Ascend Medical, founded in 2021, reimagined primary care for all ages with integrated behavioral health meeting patients where they are, at home, at work or anywhere else with comprehensive Virtual and Mobile Care. Ascend accepts all major insurance plans. Plus, $25 monthly membership gives patients 24/7 virtual telehealth and waived mobile trip charges. Ascend has brought back the 'house call!' Consumers and Employers, including Fortune 100 companies, are embracing the Ascend model to increase healthcare utilization, improve outcomes and ultimately lower costs. Ascend will provide access and better healthcare outcomes to 186 Million Americans by 2031Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Ten years or more of related experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
- Experience in healthcare services a plus.
- Experience in a multi-entity environment, a plus.