Tax Accountant - Remote 🔥
Our dynamic, growth-oriented tax and accounting firm is in need of an exceptional individual to fill our Tax Accountant position. The position requires the candidate to be able to perform various accounting, business, and tax practices to ensure accurate and reliable data and client satisfaction through high-quality service deliverables.
While our office is located in beachy Santa Cruz, California, this is a remote position, offering the opportunity to work from home. We welcome candidates from anywhere in the U.S. to apply.
Lacey Tax & Accounting Services prides itself on excellent customer service and unmatched tax and accounting expertise. We work hard to ensure the best experience for our clients and want someone with that same attitude to join the team. The ideal candidates will have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a similar field and be qualified to take the CPA exam. An EA certification, CPA or Master’s degree is preferred but not required.
To be successful and effective in this position you will need excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the confidence to work directly with clients. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of tax preparation, best practices, and will be willing to assist most clients with their tax returns.
We are looking to hire someone who is a self-starter and highly autonomous. Excellent time management skills are critical and the ability to work through weekly tasks efficiently is essential.
The position offered is for full-time employment. We are offering a competitive salary, 401k, Health Care reimbursement, paid time off (vacation and sick days), and CPA Exam and EA Exam Course Reimbursement. The proposed start date for this position will be September 26, 2022.
Qualifications & Necessary Skill Set:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or similar is required. CPA, Master’s Degree or CPA candidate is preferred but not required
- Have 2-5 years of recent tax work experience in a CPA firm
- Updating Staff on new tax laws and codes relevant to filings.
- 2 or more years of individual and business tax preparation and accounting software (Ultra Tax and Onvio preferred)
- Familiarity with QuickBooks for/in a professional organization
- Demonstrate ability to provide detailed level bookkeeping support—bank reconciliations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, closing books on a monthly basis, and preparing financial reporting and analysis for small businesses
- Knowledge of tax laws, tax concepts, and familiarity with forms 1040, 1041, 1120, 1120-S, 1065, and schedules
- PTIN required
- Foreign Tax Experience is a plus but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Excel, Outlook, Word) and Adobe
- Demonstrate the ability to problem solve
- Demonstrate the ability to manage a busy tax season workflow
- Capacity and commitment to work 40 hours a week during daytime business hours supporting clients, as well as up to 65 hours a week during tax season
- Possess strong communication skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing with team and clients
- Experience in developing strong remote team relationships based on trust, accountability, integrity, and sharing of best practices
- Commitment to maintain the highest level of confidentiality while working with client data
- Ability to follow and help develop company processes to optimize production in all departments
- Flexible, organized, and able to handle competing priorities with good judgment
- Can meet deadlines effectively and efficiently
- Professional and friendly "CAN DO" attitude
- Be able to work independently and as a team member
- Has a dedicated office space with a reliable, high-speed internet connection
- Prepare tax returns, payments, reports and maintain company’s tax database
- Find tax solutions to complicated tax issues or errors from incorrect tax filings
- Identify legal tax savings and recommend ways to improve profits
- Make sure that clients comply with federal, state and local tax regulations
- Advise management about the impact of tax liabilities and corporate strategies or new tax laws
- Accurately prepare quarterly and annual tax reports
- Keep up-to-date with tax changes and industry trends by participating in educational opportunities, participating in professional organizations, keeping up with professional networks and reading professional publications
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- CPA firm tax work: 2 years (Required)
- CPA (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote