Lead Trainer / Learning Experience Designer 🔥
Where You’ll Be Working
We’re Groundswell: a company with a different approach to problem-solving in the most challenging and complex environments. A company that partners with government leaders to modernize and transform how missions are delivered through the creative deployment of next generation technologies, expert talent, and modern cloud and platform-delivered applications and business models.
Why You’ll Never Want to Leave
It is our mission to be the public sector’s leading solutions firm, bringing modern approaches to some of the most complex challenges facing our world. Our foundation is people. We are moving past yesterday’s business culture and execution models, by building a rising team that fosters individual spirit, encourages engagement in our culture, and promotes opportunities to grow and learn at the leading edge of public sector technology.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible Spending Account
- Matching 401K
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
Who You’ll Be Collaborating With
Every day, you’ll be teaming up with a diverse, enthusiastic, multi-disciplinary team of creative minds with a smart sense of humor.
What You’ll Be Working On
You will be working as Lead Trainer/Learning Experience Designer supporting our current private sector client. You will:
- Possess a unique balance of technical depth, business knowledge, and strong interpersonal skills. You will be responsible for designing and guiding the development of new technical training offerings in our client’s ERP manufacturing environment. You will collaborate with the program team to design and craft content to educate end users on the adoption and optimization of a new technical solution. You will have the opportunity to shape and deliver the overall training strategy for new educational content and design the development and delivery approach.
- Responsible for conducting learning needs assessment, developing training curriculum, courseware and tools for instructor-led, workshop and web-based training for ERP manufacturing processes and technology solutions.
- Lead training project through the design lifecycle from scoping, research and analysis, design, development, and launch; providing clear timelines through all phases, communicating with key stakeholders, and selecting appropriate measurement for successful implementation
- Identify learning objectives; assess learners, performance outcomes, and evaluative strategies to deliver instruction, including consulting with program owners and subject matter experts to identify performance gaps and learning objectives
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts from the program team and (including Developers, Support Engineers, and Solutions Architects) to build technically accurate training that meets the learning objectives for the partner community
- Facilitate requirements gathering meetings with curriculum stakeholders to define the appropriate learning objectives, modalities and expectations
- Manage the development of instructional materials (tutorials, user guides, audio and video content (including scripts), story boards, navigational text, assessment tests, etc.) which transform technical information into professionally written, engaging instruction
- Manage the design of the overall learning experience presented to the learner
- Direct and guide learning design for internal and/or external subject matter experts enlisted to produce and publish technical content
- Be the voice of the learner, ensuring that their needs are at the forefront of our content efforts and help our team iterate and improve on our content offerings
How You’ll Excel In Your Role
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship (Preference given to USC or Permanent Resident)
- This is a hybrid position (on-site/remote). Candidates should have flexibility to travel as required to lead workshops and collaborate with the customer team.
- 4+ years of experience in instructional design and developing learning content
- 4+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Strong knowledge of learning principles and methodologies with a track record of practical application in formal and informal contexts
- Experience designing IT or technical training materials and content including instructor-led materials, online/e-learning modules, job aids, knowledge assessments and other training materials
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced work environment and problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise integrity and sound judgment in ambiguous situations
- Strong communication skills which include mastery of and fluency in the English language, ability to convey complex technical concepts to stakeholders in an easy-to-understand manner, both verbally and written; active listening skills to gather key information from internal and external partners
- LMS implementation and administration skills are a PLUS
- Demonstrated working knowledge of eLearning development tools such as Articulate Storyline/Rise, Adobe Captivate, or Camtasia, is a PLUS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Groundswell does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Groundswell and Groundswell will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Groundswell is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.