Service Designer 🔥
Come join an organization with an inspiring mission, a passionate global membership a professional community with competitive compensation and benefits plans. For more than 50 years, ISACA has equipped individuals and enterprises with the knowledge, credentials, education, training, and community to progress their careers, transform their organizations, and build a more trusted and ethical digital world. ISACA is a global professional association and learning organization that leverages the expertise of its more than 165,000 members who work in digital trust fields such as information security, governance, assurance, risk, privacy, and quality.
The Service Designer will work collaboratively on projects for ISACA’s Membership program, using human-centered and participatory design methods to facilitate program and service innovations and improvements. As part of the Membership Experience team, this role will work in lockstep with program and product managers and cross-functionally throughout the organization to design and implement services for an international community, in both physical and digital settings. As a hands-on service design expert, they will also play a key role in educating and empowering teams to adopt new methods and mindsets throughout the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Strategy & Design
- Collaborate with the Membership Experience team to identify service design project opportunities based on strategic initiatives and roadmap alignment.
- Create, lead, and execute on service design project plans.
- Lead co-design working sessions with cross-functional teams
- Create concepts, prototypes, and testing plans for validation
- Perform testing of service concepts, prototypes, and systems
- Advise and collaborate with the Membership Experience team in solving complex problems or issues for membership services, program and processes, both front-stage and back-stage.
- Research & Insight
- Conduct qualitative design research using ethnographic and participatory methods
- Conduct comparative and evaluative research into solutions and industry trends to inform service design and development
- Communicate and present research and design insights to stakeholders
- Assist Membership Experience team in developing technical requirements and system solutions
- Maintain awareness of industry innovations and trends and can contextualize their relevance to strategic initiatives
- Stakeholder Management
- Promote service design efforts, mindset, and methods through presentation and communication
- Create a roadmap for Membership service design projects, working with stakeholders to determine and establish priorities to balance ongoing projects with ad hoc requests.
- Facilitate communication across teams and stakeholders throughout all phases of project work, from ideation to synthesis.
- Contribute to an effective work environment by setting a positive tone, establishing performance expectations, and driving accountability.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years in experience design, design consultancy, or related discipline
- Deep expertise in service design / design-thinking / human-centered design
- Experience with concepting, ideation, and iterative prototyping
- Ability to work in and navigate through ambiguity
- Experience designing and/or implementing solutions for resource-constrained environments
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, clients, and key stakeholders
- Ability to express complex information in simple, elegant ways
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Master’s Degree in Design, Service Design, or Human-Computer Interaction
- 5+ years in experience design, design consultancy, or related discipline
- Experience crafting a vision and execution strategy
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Work Location: Remote