Social Media Manager 🔥
StyleLikeU is a radically honest and inclusive media company that creates docu-style social videos and original content about style, self-acceptance and identity, garnering
1B+ impressions and 1.2M+ followers on social. We have featured Lizzo, Alok V
Menon, Victoria Pedretti, Adwoa Aboah and Jemima Kirke, to name a few. Our work has been showcased in The New York Times, Vogue and i-D among others.
StyleLikeU is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Social Media Manager to elevate our social media strategy and manage day to day social posting and optimization on TikTok, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook.
Freelance to Full-Time
Location: New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA (remote possible)
Salary range: $55K - $60K
You have a passion for visual storytelling and pay attention to detail. Having worked in social for 5+ years, you have a proven track record of growing social audiences organically and it’s a plus if you have experience growing video-based channels. You care deeply about the important topics we cover, have strong writing skills, great knowledge of analytical tools, and are enthusiastic about joining a small but powerful team. You have an innate instinct for what’s on and off brand, have an eye for powerful visuals, understand how data informs our editorial strategy, and are an expert at juggling multiple projects, managing deadlines, distilling social numbers into actionable insights, and advocating for strong social content across the organization. You know how to optimize video content across all social media channels based on analytics. You thrive working collaboratively across teams to manage partnership and editorial content needs and are excited to collaborate on our growth strategy.
- Implement social strategy and milestones that align with our marketing and business goals.
- Work closely with Head of Content and Head of Partnerships to meet editorial calendar and partnership goals.
- Work closely with video editors to articulate social data and strategy to optimize social cuts created per channel.
- Develop analytic goals, track performance, report on core metrics and adjust social strategy as needed.
- Research, write, create, schedule and optimize content across all social platforms including TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook.
- Edit short-form content and video for TikTok and Instagram Stories and Reels.
- Create a channel management strategy: monitor and respond to social media comments.
- Research, cultivate, and manage creator/influencer relationships.
- Coordinate with managers and publicists to ensure talent collaboration.
- Stay on top of social media trends and tools.
- Supervise interns.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
- 5+ years of social media experience
- Excellent at optimizing social video
- Passionate about social media and growing audiences organically
- Can-do attitude and an enthusiastic work ethic
- Strong editorial judgment
- Excellent writing, copy editing, and proofreading abilities
- Strong understanding of SEO, social media analytics and content optimization
- Excellent organizational skills, focus, and attention to detail
- Must complete an editorial test if considered
- Familiarity with the entertainment and media industries
- Experience working with remote teams
- Willingness to travel
- Monday to Friday
- Social Media: 5 years (Preferred)
- Management: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote