Director, Content Marketing & Brand Messaging 🔥
We are DemandScience, a global company which never stops innovating in our mission to provide the healthiest and most predictive global B2B data and intelligence for our customers. Our clients include sales and marketing professionals at global companies. Excellent execution is in our DNA. We provide innovative AI-analytics merged with enriched data to identify your next in-market prospects and customers at scale.
The Director of Content Marketing and Brand Messaging will conceptualize and create B2B content marketing and positioning across multiple channels to support brand awareness and lead generation. The Director will lead the content production team in the creation of creative and technical content while managing, motivating and developing talent. In addition to inspiring talent to achieve their full potential, these efforts will market solutions that are best-in-class, support lead generation which will influence revenue and create brand awareness.
Essential Job Functions "What You'll Do":
- Manage content production team to include:
- guide content writers and production teams on best practices for industry research, persona targeting and production process best practices
- delegate and lead designers to turn content into finished pieces such as infographics, video, and other animated ads and interactive assets
- conduct performance reviews to foster effective communication, identify motivators, enhance writing skills and understand development opportunities
- serve as the point person for content creation utlizing both our in-house team as well as the outside agencies and/or contractors
- Estimate resource needs and schedules
- Engage in market research relative to GTM strategies, thought leadership content production and opportunities, and competitive intelligence for the business with an emphasis on
- Build the brand story, including turning complex concepts into short, compelling value proposition messages that grab our targets' interests and differentiates us from competitors
- Help the team refine our brand voice and tell our story
- Identify and develop Ideal Customer Profiles and Persona documentation
- Create content marketing strategies and plans for B2B database growth, demand generation, and rapidly growing our brand awareness in a competitive category to include:
- Produce content to be leveraged across all media types including blogs, white papers, emails and subject lines, google search advertisements, websites, landing pages, social media (paid and owned), video storyboards, display, webinar/podcast copy, and more.
- Generate content for key marketing and sales professionals across industries, with a focus on technology and software/SaaS
- Write original content that will support brand evolution across our business, with nuanced value proposition and subtle shifts in brand voice and tone to align with the appropriate product/solution with a clear benefit focus
- Create content calendars and a strategic approach to content marketing to support goals including database (email) growth, prospect engagement, brand awareness, SEO/organic growth, and immediate actions (e.g. form fills)
- Lead and host podcasts, webinars and other interactive thought leadership tactics
- Partner with internal stakeholders to bring thought leadership initiatives forward by planning, executing and creating content assets designed to elevate a world-class brand to include:
- write thought pieces on behalf of senior leaders, and for specific media outlets
- write byline articles; support us "getting into the conversation" on key topics as thought leaders
- Employ strategies and negotiation to promote Company content at scale through content partnerships, relationships with high-reputation sites for SEO/website traffic and link growth
- Ensure our company-wide brand standards are employed across all multimedia content deliverables
- Experience leading and managing internal and external content production teams that create content independently while collaborating with colleagues
- Experience with creation of strategic brand content to include writing brand awareness conceptual content as well as technical long-form content, made more accessible to audiences like marketers, as well as marketing/sales materials
- Skilled in content development relevance across channels, such as display, social (LinkedIn vs Instagram), video, website, webinars, blog posts, thought leadership/long form, etc to include a diverse content tailored for email, social, web, print and video
- Experience in owned event content strategies and development
- Expertise in SEO strategies and quality content for website traffic growth
- Strong leadership skills to influence and lead department initiatives utilizing effective communication and presentation skills at all levels of the organization
- Experience turning thought pieces into multiple content assets
- Proven highly versatile writing skills (with an emphasis on brand awareness to lead conversion/CTA) to clearly communicate programs tailored to a global audience
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to edit for accuracy
- Inquisitive with an ability to identify and address problems, errors and omissions
- Knowledge of product branding strategies with the ability to drive clients to the desired target
- Effective verbal communication skills to respond confidently in an appropriate and professional manner
- Organized with an ability to multitask and effectively prioritize in a deadline-oriented, agile, fast-paced, high growth environment
- Demonstrate good judgment, problem solving skills and critical thinking to make strategic decisions that will drive results.
- Established coaching skills with the ability to provide constructive feedback and create development action plans.
- Passion for learning and self-improvement
- Foster a collaborative environment with highly motivated talent that exhibit a commitment to the Company's core values.
- *THE GOOD STUFF!
- 401(k) Plan with employer match.
- Top tier medical, dental and vision plans.
- Flexible spending, dependent care, and health savings accounts.
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability.
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance.
- Health and Wellness Initiatives.
- Workplace Flexibility.
- Paid time off – you bet!
- Peer-Appreciation Program.
- Employee Referral Program.
- Make a visible impact within the organization.
- Join a fast-paced, innovative culture with an open and collaborative environment.
- Join a great organization that cares about employees!
DemandScience is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Find out more at https://demandscience.com/careers/#join-the-team
Job Type: Full-time