Digital Copywriter - Contract 🔥
Your Journey at Crowe Starts Here:
At Crowe, you have the opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to today’s complex business issues. Crowe’s accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their commitment to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our commitment to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a “Best Place to Work.” We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!
Crowe is seeking a digital copywriter to primarily deliver copy for a high volume of marketing webpages (net new and in the form of refreshes to existing service and/or industry pages). This writer may also need to produce copy for short - and long-form digital content including emails, social posts, and articles. They will articulate in conversational, yet concise words, the need for discernable solutions to complex business problems – across myriad industries and buyers within those industries. All while being mindful of compliance standards in our messaging.
- If you’re an agile, versatile writer who thrives in an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment, Crowe is looking for you.
- Who you are:
- A digital-first writer who can balance the ingredients of voice, tone, branding, UI/UX, and SEO to make memorable, human-centered content that also drives business growth.
- A storyteller who can interview subject matter experts and dig deep to uncover compelling, authentic, and personable insights that translate to strong headlines and copy that flows well.
- An idea generator that can identify what it takes to meet business, market, and client needs for the short- and long-term.
- You think through the buyer journey and are an advocate for a customer-centric and highly creative writing approach.
- You understand how to balance regulatory and compliance requirements that go with the territory of writing for highly regulated practices such as tax, accounting, and audit.
- You can think through copy for a high volume of webpages – including the page hierarchy, user experience, CTAs, user intent and interlinking.
- You understand how your role as a digital writer plays into a larger marketing organization and day-to-day marketing operations.
- You succeed in a collaborative work environment but can also proactively and independently get answers or make strategic decisions.
- Produce high-volume clear, compelling copy on deadline that follows voice, tone, and provided narrative guidance – and in some cases be able to move forward with limited direction.
- Account for the technical side of copy including SEO requirements, character counts, copy templates, and wireframes.
- Quickly and seamlessly manage multiple copy iterations and review rounds.
- As needed, contribute to, and help maintain, digital copywriting standards such as copy templates and best practices for webpages, social media, emails, and more.
Required skills and characteristics:
- High-performing, high-energy self-starter, with proven ability to work both independently as well as a member of teams in an extremely fast-paced, deadline-driven, and remote work environment.
- Exceptional and effective writing, editing, and message development skills that emphasize clear construction, grammar, and relevance.
- Ability to write in clear, compelling language specific to various channels, even when the subject matter is innately complex.
- Experience with short-form (ad copy, infographics, interactive experiences) and long-form (content marketing, thought leadership).
- Ability to provide multiple ideas and inspire creative excellence in colleagues.
- Experience working on integrated marketing campaigns across multiple channels.
- Experience working as part of a vast enterprise organization with large cross-functional business units, industry teams, and internal groups.
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to influence key individuals and teams internally.
- Confidence and assertiveness; ability to build respect and credibility with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to keep ego in check and adjust to shifting needs and views from multiple stakeholders, including internal team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English, or marketing.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience in writing general digital marketing copy, preferably in a corporate setting, with at least 3 of those years including high-volume copywriting for site revamps, migrations, or content refreshes.
- Awareness of industry trends and techniques to keep Crowe at forefront of digital innovation.
- Experience writing creatively while also complying with legal and regulatory standards and using a style guide, preferably Associated Press.
- Proficiency in UI/UX and SEO best practices for copywriting.
- High proficiency in collaborative tools such as SharePoint, Google Docs , Zoom, Slack, Microsoft Teams, InVision, FlowMapp, and project management platforms like Workfront.
- Agency and in-house client-side experience, preferably.
- Complete comfort with an offsite, virtual environment.
- Monday-Friday work schedule with the ability to meet deadlines during regular business hours.
At Crowe, we know that great people are what makes a great firm. We value our people and offer employees a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more about what working at Crowe can mean for you!
How You Can Grow:
We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach that will guide you in your career goals and aspirations. Learn more about where talent can prosper!
More about Crowe:
Crowe (www.crowe.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.
Crowe LLP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.