Remote Contracts Manager 🔥
WHO WE ARE:
Sounding Board is the first-of-its-kind coaching enablement platform offering both the technology infrastructure and the coach network to enable and scale coaching practices organization-wide. A growth stage start-up backed by top tier VCs with a vision to democratize access to coaching across all levels of an organization, Sounding Board combines a SaaS, cloud-based management platform with a high quality, managed network of global coaches that can deliver remote, virtual 1:1 and group coaching at scale.
Our customers include large scale enterprises like Intel, Conagra, Mozilla, Dropbox & Cloudera and high growth companies across every industry such as Chime, Plaid, Zoom and UserTesting. When companies partner with us they see a resulting increase in promotion, retention and development of critical leadership skills in their participating employees. SAP.iO foundry recognized Sounding Board as one among the top 7 HRTech startups in 2019.
WHY SOUNDING BOARD?
- We are a mission-driven company creating the next generation of leaders
- Exciting, early-stage startup led by experienced, entrepreneurial founders from
- Backed by leading investors including Jazz Ventures, Canaan, Bloomberg Beta, Precursor Ventures, Correlation Ventures, Engage VC
- Competitive salary, including company equity
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents 100% paid by the company
- Basic life insurance coverage
- Voluntary life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible PTO - take time off when you need it
- Remote working environment
- Passionate, diverse & inclusive team
- Coaching & Wellness benefit – Every employee gets a 1:1 coach & monthly wellness stipend
- Review and negotiate agreements with customers, channel partners, developers, and service providers, both independently and in collaboration with others.
- Coordinate efforts to improve contract language, administration, and management.
- Foster and develop strong relationships with Finance, Partnerships, Sales, and other Sounding Board teams.
- In conjunction with relevant internal stakeholders, ensure all standard terms and processes are appropriate to support Sounding Board’s business requirements, and lead where necessary to address any changes to the business.
- Lead/partner with cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with Sounding Board policies and practices.
- Support Sounding Board’s legal strategy and assist with assessing and mitigating risk.
- Proactively contribute to the continuous development and improvement of the legal function and related processes, including further developing the Contracts Manager role and responsibilities.
- Develop and provide ongoing contracts-related training to personnel.
- Knowledge of commercial agreements and negotiations. Experience with the deal desk function is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in influencing and leading stakeholders and business partners.
- Demonstrated experience in adapting and executing in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Proven problem-solving and communication experience.
- Knowledge of legal terms and commercial concepts applicable to SaaS companies, including payment terms, data privacy and security, representations and warranties, IP ownership, limitation of liability, indemnification, term and termination, and governing law and venue.
- Demonstrated experience with streamlining contractual processes.
- Familiarity with Google Workplace and Microsoft Office. Familiarity with contract lifecycle management processes and systems is a plus.
- Ideally, 2+ years of experience working in-house in a contracts management or related role, preferably at a SaaS company.
- Proven knowledge, expertise, and passion for contracts management.
It is the policy of Sounding Board, Inc to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.