Web & Mobile Copywriter- Copywriter Ii- Remote 🔥
Reports to: Creative Director
FLSA Status: Full-Time Exempt
Summary of Purpose
The Web & Mobile Copywriter role is responsible for strategizing and developing D2C consumer-facing content for our website and upcoming mobile app, including marketing and user flow, search, and onboarding functionality as well as other aspects of guiding consumers through the conversion funnel. This position can be remote but will work closely with Marketing, Design, and Product/Mobile teams. The right person for this role should have at least five years of experience writing digital marketing and web-related copy. Direct response, mobile usability, and experience in content strategy and information architecture are all major pluses. Past work in the financial industry also gets you big bonus points! This position requires collaboration with designers and stakeholders, as well as various internal teams. Idea sharing, process development, and interdependence is key. You should be comfortable writing within character count limitations and able to expertly proofread and edit your own work and that of others, as well as being able to present ideas and rationales and incorporating feedback. It’s the right fit for someone who can work on several projects at once on different timelines, needs minimal to no handholding, and loves to take ownership of their role.
- Provide clear and compelling website and mobile copy to introduce Kasasa products and help move consumers through the path to purchase
- Work with Product, Creative, Marketing, and Development teams to build an efficient and effective user flow
- Learn brand guidelines for consistent voice and tone and maintain resources to ensure cohesive messaging across the organization
- Deliver editorial perfection while managing multiple projects, against often-aggressive deadlines.
- Participate in concepting and assist in pitching content ideas for new promotional or marketing collateral or content as needed
- Proofread and QA content to maintain grammar, voice, and compliance requirements
- Stay current on industry news and best practices for use in marketing materials
- Strive to become a creative subject matter expert that others come to for answers and best practices
- Give useful feedback to other copywriters to help elevate their work
- Mobile-first mentality to help create efficient copy and streamlined experiences
- Ability to learn our unique financial products quickly, then pull out value to consumers in various collateral/channels
- Demonstrated knowledge of messaging hierarchy, web design strategy, and UX/UI concepts
- Experience and/or familiarity with financial marketing and concepts a major plus
- Excellent project management skills and ability to handle shifting priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Impressive portfolio and a range of strong writing samples
- Obvious word nerd and grammar geek
- Bachelor’s degree in English, advertising, or journalism, or equivalent years of professional experience in a creative role
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role
Top 3 signs that this is the right job for you:
1. You know what works across multiple mediums (with a proven track record).
2. You think strategically while working tactically on executables.
3. You can already think of ways to improve this job description.
Top 3 signs that this is NOT the right job for you:
1. You hate drilling down to think about the excruciating minutiae of a topic.
2. You believe writing for the web is no different than writing for print.
3. You think there’s no possible way to make banking sound exciting.
Open Paid Time Off AND 14 paid holidays
Gym Membership Reimbursement
Love Fund - established as a way for Spartans to give back to their co-workers in need
PPO/HSA options for Medical, Dental, Vision with a substantial contribution from Kasasa
Life Insurance, Long-term Disability, Short-term Disability and Employee Assistance Program
Only the passionate need apply!
We're looking for much more than qualified applicants. We want individuals who believe that anything worthy of their effort is worthy of their best effort. That anything we produce should not merely compete but set the standard for excellence. Kasasa employees are dedicated to helping community banks and credit unions compete and win. Like the Spartans in the Battle of Thermopylae, we stand together and inspire others to join us in our mission. Stronger as a whole and united by core values, we are more than a team. We are a phalanx. Are you ready to join an amazing group of people who genuinely love their jobs, in an environment that inspires greatness?
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, sexual orientation, transgender status, marital status, religion, creed, age, physical or mental disability, results of genetic testing, genetic information, past, present or prospective service in the military, or any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state, or local law.
The purpose of this position description is to serve as a general summary and overview of the major duties and responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to represent the entirety of the job nor is it intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the position may be required or requested to perform for Kasasa other work duties not specifically listed herein.
Management reserves the right to modify, defer or rescind this position description at any time, with or without prior notice.