Senior Devops Engineer 🔥
At HealthRhythms, our mission is to alleviate unnecessary suffering by bringing mental health into the modern era of medicine. We have combined the multi-dimensional sensing capabilities of mobile phones with the power of embedded and cloud computing platforms and novel AI algorithms to continuously measure mental health status. We are realizing the vision of precision medicine for mental health by anticipating deterioration of mental health and delivering personalized, just-in-time interventions.
We have built and tested this platform with $7M of NIH funding and are commercializing with a dual-track focus on pharma and US payors. Based on the elite quality of the team, the empirical evidence, and the innovation itself, we have closed a highly over-subscribed $11M seed financing with 36+ top Silicon Valley health tech and healthcare investors. Brook Byers (Kleiner) personally co-anchored the round with GSR Ventures ($3B health tech).
If joining an accelerating, 100% remote startup that is trying to significantly improve people’s lives sounds meaningful and exciting to you, please read on and apply.
As Senior DevOps Engineer, you will:
Manage and improve the communication between the operational and developmental sides of the HealthRhythms software development process and lead the charge in launching product updates, locating production errors and issues, and building integrations that improve users’ experience. As the first official member of the DevOps team, you will be tasked with putting the pieces into place to ensure we are ready to scale before each major growth inflection point.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Guiding teams in designing, building, testing and deploying changes to existing software
- Enhancing HealthRhythms’ IT infrastructure security protocols
- Identifying manual processes that can be automated
- Considering HealthRhythms’ entire IT infrastructure when making changes and improvements
- Maintaining and improving the company’s cloud infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in scripting languages such Python and Bash
- 3+ years experience with CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, Travis CI)
- 5+ years experience with Git and GitHub
- 2+ years experience with containerization technologies (e.g Docker, ECS)
- 2+ years experience with AWS CloudFormation
- 5+ years experience with Agile methodologies
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with GitHub enterprise features such as GitHub Actions and Packages
- Experience with large-scale deployment of software artifacts
- DevOps Engineer certification, e.g. through Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- While continually updating code to make the system run faster and better, you will ensure that the changes to improve the system does not make the system more vulnerable to attack
- You will update sections of software, as well as simultaneously managing changes to other parts of the program
- You will assist team members as needed
- You should possess interpersonal, management and decision-making skills
- Cares about a great culture
- Is passionate about mental health
- Values learning and growing within a team, helping everyone achieve their best work
- Enjoys taking ownership of products and writing code across functional boundaries
- Mental health as foundational to overall health.
- Protecting patient privacy at all costs. We actively develop privacy protective algorithms to ensure that only clinically relevant information is recorded.
- Creating person-specific interventions driven by Machine Learning that dynamically adapt and scale, yet remain personal
- Deploying empirically-validated approaches to measuring and improving mental health
- Empathically supporting people in becoming more active, socially engaged, and above all more mentally healthy
- This is a universal human problem - not local, not cultural, not tribal, this extends across all of humanity; there are different cultural expressions and it hits different cultures differently but we can bring a universal understanding to this
- If we can make the nature of this empirical and not invisible suffering then it is validating and we can remove the stigma associated with mental illness
- Imagine if your personal devices could really know you, know you in the sense of tracking a rich set of behaviors to continuously, accurately assess your mental health
- Imagine that machine learning translates that intimate knowledge of your daily behaviors into precise suggestions for behavior change that lead to improvement in symptoms of depression, anxiety and other mental disorders. This is the promise of digital phenotyping.
- Just as digital biomarkers can transform human access to mental health self-care, digital biomarkers can transform clinical support of more acute populations where there is a great unmet need.
- Our solutions ensure equity of access: they are accessible to anyone who owns a smartphone and has a connectivity contract or access WiFi. Our digital intervention platforms are accessible wherever there is cellular signal or WiFi available, bringing validated intervention to those who for either financial or geographic reasons do not have access to care.
- To learn more about the team Silicon Valley’s top venture capital firms deemed as world class for a mission focused on behavioral health,