Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Kubernetes Platform 🔥
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) are responsible for keeping all internal-facing services and platforms running smoothly. In a nutshell, SREs ensure site uptime. SREs are a blend of sensible system administrators and software engineers that apply sound engineering principles, operational discipline, and mature automation to the environments and infrastructure services we provide. We specialize in systems–whether it be networking, the Linux kernel, or some more specific interest in scaling–algorithms, or distributed systems.
Our team helps us improve automation, infrastructure reliability, and empowers Braze’s other engineering teams to easily leverage the infrastructure products and platforms we create. Braze operates at a massive scale with over 3.3 billion monthly active users across our customers, collecting hundreds of billions of data points each month, and sending billions of messages to end-users daily. We use a diverse technology stack rooted in Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka, Kubernetes, and more. As a Site Reliability Engineer at Braze, you will collaborate with your teammates and your consumer engineering teams to continuously improve the infrastructure, automation, and tooling that build internal products from these technologies.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Partner with Braze’s engineering teams on:
- Architecting products to effectively utilize infrastructure platforms in a scalable, reliable manner
- Debugging reliability and scalability issues across all layers of the stack, including the products that are built using our infrastructure platforms
- Make monitoring and alerting alert on symptoms and not on outages
- Ensure that Braze meets our strict enterprise-grade SLAs with customers
- Develop Braze’s internal platform infrastructure:
- Create Infrastructure as code using Chef, Terraform, and Kubernetes
- Develop Build and Deploy pipelines for applications in multiple languages using Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Provide centralized/common tooling, services, and automation frameworks that are critical for scaling operations, capacity management, reducing operational pain, and improving the day-to-day workflow of Braze’s engineering teams
- Manage incidents:
- Be on a PagerDuty rotation to respond to availability incidents and provide support for other engineers
- Use your on-call shift to prevent incidents from ever happening
- Retrospect everything that happens to turn lessons into system improvements/changes, automation, etc.
- 5+ years of experience as a Site Reliability, DevOps, or Software Engineer
- You think about systems - interfaces, boundaries, edge cases, failure modes, behaviors, specific implementations
- Have an urge to collaborate, document, and deliver quickly
- Have an enthusiastic, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken, you can't help but fix it
- Have a desire to solve everyday challenges facing software engineers and automate their toil away
- Have an excellent ability to manage multiple tasks and expectations at once
- Know your way around Linux and the Unix Shell
- Have strong programming skills - Ruby and/or Go preferred
- Have experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, or similar IaC technologies
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act,to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.
If you are located in the EU or UK visit ourto understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.