Staff Accountant - Remote Opportunity 🔥
Where people go and why tells the story of our world. Founded in 2011, Gravy Analytics is the enterprise location technology company providing actionable intelligence to businesses. Using its patented technology, the company brings data about people, places, and events together to understand human mobility, helping companies enhance their sales and marketing strategies and optimize business operations. Today, the company's intelligence powers leading-edge solutions for a wide range of industries—from advertising to market research, financial services to supply chain risk management—that rely on knowing how people, products, and materials move throughout the world.
You should know…Gravy Analytics is a dynamic and fast-growing business! We ranked No. 93 on the 2020 Inc. 5000 Series and No. 226 on the 2021 Inc. 5000 list… and we have no plans of slowing down. We embrace our core values of: Collaboration, Respect, Excellence, Expertise and Vision. If this resonates with you, please apply today!
Gravy Analytics is looking for a dynamic, uber organized experienced Staff Accountant with a strong accounting background operational accounting experience. The individual will be responsible for monitoring general accounting practices, maintaining internal accounting controls, and collaborating with others in the company in connection with other accounting areas (e.g., other assets/liabilities, A/P, accrued expenses, debt, intangibles, analytics, executive reporting). They will also be passionate and knowledgeable about leveraging technology to streamline and automate processes, to scale our work as the business continues to grow and will play an instrumental role in the financial future of the company. Your accounting leadership, fast-paced nature and extreme organizational efficiency…yep we said “organized” again…will help ensure Gravy’s current and future success!
What You Will Do
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Maintain proper reconciliation of all G/L accounts (prepaid expenses, fixed assets, depreciation records and debt) and integrity of financial statements
- Review journal entries for completeness and accuracy and submit them to the accounting records
- Assist with Month-end close process and provide reporting and analytics to executive management
- Assist with monthly and annual financial statements for executive teams and banks
- Meet accounting financial objectives by assisting with cash forecasting, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions
- Assist with tax compliance/reporting (sales/use tax, state/local taxes, Forms 1098/1099, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with existing internal accounting policies
- Identify opportunities to streamline and improve the team’s accounting processes
- Ability to work in a multi-company environment
- Special projects and other duties, as assigned
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Accounting
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or candidate preferred, but not required
- 1-3 years of experience, including 1 year of transactional accounting experience
- Experience with subscription-based revenue models (SaaS/DaaS) preferred, but not required
- Experience in both public accounting and operational accounting environments preferred
- Passionate about leveraging technology to improving accounting processes
- Detail-oriented, organized, resourceful and able to manage shifting priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g., pivot tables, advanced functions)
- Experience with NetSuite required
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including equity and unlimited PTO.
Gravy Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Gravy Analytics will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application or recruiting process, please contact Human Resources at 703-840-8850 or firstname.lastname@example.org . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
Gravy Analytics participates in the E-Verify program.