Accountant – Small Business Specialist – Full-time – 🔥
AAFCPAs is an innovative and forward-thinking firm with a focus on automation. We have enjoyed primarily organic growth and continue our laser focus on sustained growth as an independent regional firm. We provide best-value assurance, tax, outsourced accounting, business consulting, information technology advisory solutions, and wealth management services to nonprofit organizations, commercial companies, wealthy individuals, and estates. AAFCPAs donates 10% of its net profits annually to nonprofit organizations. We have an active DE&I committee and have commitment and accountability to these efforts.
We are seeking an Accountant – Small Business Specialist to join our tax practice who is an expert with QuickBooks Online.
The candidate has an opportunity to grow a team dedicated to supporting clients in the timely reconciliation of their accounting records to support tax preparation. Knowledge of both cash basis and accrual basis accounting is required. The successful candidate will have the ability to; work directly with clients, create journal entries, document working papers, work both independently and in a team and enjoy being an advisor to clients. Advisory work is primarily reviewing a client’s current internal accounting processes, procedures, and systems and recommending opportunities for enhancements, and assisting with implementation.
- Perform accounting tasks for a variety of clients and businesses utilizing clients' records, reconciling accounts as appropriate, and making adjustments to a client’s financials for the purposes of the preparation of a tax return.
- Demonstrate and maintain accounting knowledge and techniques including awareness and understanding of all professional standards.
Advisory work includes:
- walkthrough current processes and controls
- appropriateness of current software tools and needs
- provide creative solutions and identify opportunities for more efficient processing
Consulting on and performance of QuickBooks Desktop migration to QuickBooks Online including:
- linking bank and credit card accounts to streamline bookkeeping
- developing chart of accounts and monthly financial reporting package
- setting-up cloud-based payroll and bill pay solutions
- assisting with the establishment of accounting and reporting policies and procedures
- Consulting on payroll, worker’s compensation, sales tax, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and business insurance.
- Demonstrate and maintains basic tax awareness in personal and business income and payroll taxes.
- Working in a collaborative environment with tax team members.
- Demonstrate general professional knowledge and detail-oriented.
- Reliable - Meets commitments to clients and other team members.
- Associates Degree in Accounting (minimum)
- Must be expert in QuickBooks both Online and Desktop version
- Proficient with excel
- Minimum 5 years of accounting/bookkeeping and payroll experience
- Experience using a trial balance software package
- Strong organizational skills using automation – MS Office suite, paperless work papers, time entry system
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using MassTaxConnect
- Ability to collaborate with team members in a virtual environment
- Prior experience in preparing workpapers in a public accounting firm
Competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefit package which includes subsidized medical and dental, 401(k) savings plan, life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability, unlimited PTO, plus more.
To apply for this position, please go to AAFCPAs’ website: www.aafcpa.com and click the link to Careers.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.