Content Writer 🔥
Classification: Full time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The content writer produces original content for the company and its clients. The content writer will write articles, blogs, press releases, reports, manuals, proposals, procedures, and web copy. The content writer will also participate in coming up with ideas for additional content that may span mediums including graphics and video.
This role entails extensive research into the topics being written about, including conducting interviews with subject matter experts. This role requires a very strong skill set in writing, research and creative ideation. The content writer is ready and able to assist with various digital marketing tactics as they relate to content marketing and social media marketing.
Write content for client websites and the company website, capturing the brand and messaging for each type of business, product or service. Help develop SEO content to include strategic keyword usage.
Copy-edit text in assigned projects and ensure that content meets editing quality standards. Copy-editing may require rewriting materials produced by others.
Research and produce articles and blog posts on a variety of topics including but not limited to content strategy, SEO, PPC, branding and client-specific subject areas.
Communicate very effectively, both orally and in written form, technical information with a wide variety of individuals and groups. Ability to write for various mediums.
Perform research to remain current on new developments in search marketing which may affect the company and the content created.
Assist in social media initiatives as directed by the department such as managing social communities, planning and creating social media posts, tracking analytics, and reporting.
Assist in the preparation of material for technical seminars, business forums, conferences and seminars as needed.
Support in-house marketing strategy as needed, including the promotion and coordination of launches, events and promotional campaigns.
Support the fulfillment of any of the organization's publications or writing tasks from content request to delivery.
Demonstrate an understanding of the company’s goals and objectives to ensure that the mission and core values of the company are put into practice.
Act as one of a team of community managers representing the company in social media and industry forums. Assist with promoting company products, engaging with influencers, and other appropriate activities to support the brand, following appropriate department guidelines and procedures.
Establish credibility throughout the company and with management.
Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the content department.
Attend company meetings as required.
Demonstrate ability to identify problems and work creatively to resolve them, considering the impact of actions on other departments and team members.
Demonstrate ability to respond in a flexible manner and to reprioritize work as situations change.
Complete work within established time frames.
Complete work free of spelling, grammar or technical errors.
Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in English, journalism, marketing, communications or equivalent a plus.
- 3+ years of experience creating content for businesses and/or writing and editing in another field.
- Strong command of the English language, while understanding advertising and marketing language.
- Excellent writing and grammar skills.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word and familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of programs. Basic HTML skills a plus.
- Prior SEO or website copywriting experience desired.
- Knowledge of search engines such as Google, Bing, etc.
- Internet research capabilities required.
- Sitting/Standing/Walking: Approximately 85% of time is spent working at a desk. Balance of time (approximately 15%) is spent moving around work areas. Ability to traverse a flight of stairs.
- Speaking/Hearing: Clear diction and acute hearing are necessary for effective communication with co-workers, customers, and outside agencies, by telephone and in person.
- Vision: Ability to effectively use a computer screen and interpret printed materials, memos, and other appropriate paperwork.
- Lifting/Carrying: The ability to transport files and office supplies up to a weight of 50 lbs.
- Stooping/Kneeling/Crouching: The ability to access files/stocking supplies and computer hardware at ground level.
- Reaching/Handling: Ability to input information into computer systems and retrieve and work with appropriate paperwork, equipment, and supplies.
- Problem solving: The individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
- Interpersonal skills: The individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Accountability: The individual takes responsibility for decisions, actions and results, and delivers on commitments.
- Cooperation/Teamwork: The individual works harmoniously with others to get a job done; responds positively to instructions and procedures; is able to work well with co-workers, peers and managers; shares critical information with everyone involved in a project; works effectively on projects that cross functional lines; helps to set a tone of cooperation within the work group and across groups; coordinates own work with others; seeks opinions and values working relationships.
- Oral communication: The individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written communication: The individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information. The individual understands how communications in all forms supports branding, and is familiar with the varying writing mediums and styles for marketing (blog vs. newsletter vs. web content, etc.). This is a significant capability needed for this position.
- Planning and organizing: The individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently. The individual works well under pressure with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines.
- Judgment: The individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, and makes timely decisions.
- Quality control: The individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors his/her own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability: The individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability: The individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security: The individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote