Senior Program Officer, National Programs 🔥
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue:
· Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
· Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
· Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
· Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
· Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $24 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 38 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco and in 2,400 rural counties across 49 states and Puerto Rico. Visit us at.
LISC National Programs
The National Programs unit at LISC includes the following programs: Health, Economic Development (Inclusive Economic Development, Family Income and Wealth Building, Creative Placemaking), Child Care & Early Learning, Safety & Justice and Sports & Recreation. The National Programs unit is committed to working collaboratively with the local offices and other departments at LISC to ensure we are carrying out LISC’s mission and maximizing impact in LISC communities. Our team is seeking a full time Senior Program Officer to help drive coordination within the National Programs unit, across teams at LISC, and to increase the operations efficiencies of national programs.
· Support SVP National Programs to provide infrastructure for a cohesive national program unit, which include the following LISC programs: Economic Development (Inclusive Economic Development, Family Income and Wealth Building, Creative Placemaking), Health, Child Care & Early Learning, Safety & Justice, Charter School Financing, Sports & Recreation
· Provide project management support to the National Programs unit as they pursue stronger collaboration to strengthen operations of National Programs
· Facilitate meetings for National Programs unit with clear agenda and goal, and a process for following up on activities and agreements
· Develop systems to support national program activity, growth and engagement with the field including programmatic technical assistance strategies and capacity building efforts
· Adapt existing resources and tools that will support knowledge sharing and support
· Support fundraising and development activities for the National Programs unit
· Drive coordination between national programs and the Field Excellence team, and ensure clear lines of communications
· Support continual DEIJ learning and adoption of anti-racist values and actions consistent with LISC’s internal and external DEIJ priorities
· Develop reports and dashboards which highlight the program impact of the National Program unit
· Other duties as needed
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, finance, urban planning, or related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred
· Minimum 5 years relevant work experience in nonprofit industry and supporting community development programs
· Deep understanding of the community development field and program replication strategies
· Proven track record working with a diverse range of individuals and organizations, including but not limited to community based organizations, corporations, philanthropies, and local government
· Strong grasp of applications such as Box, NetSuite, PA, Salesforce, and Jostle
· Functional knowledge of nonprofit program budgeting and financials preferred
· Experience building relationships, networking and collaborating effectively with ethnically/culturally/socioeconomically diverse populations and community organizations
· Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Applicants from multiple locations will be considered. To apply, please send resume and cover letter electronically with "Senior Program Officer-National Programs” in the subject line to email@example.com.
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, AND JUSTICE