Devops Engineer 🔥
At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
About the role...
As an IT DevOps engineer, you will join a team of highly motivated engineers to develop tools and deliver cloud-scale IT infrastructure capacity for optimizing and streamlining HashiCorp’s internal enterprise IT processes. Successful candidates will possess DevOps skills, software development, and project management delivery experience along with the ability to coach and mentor more junior team members as they develop their skills as DevOps Engineers. The ideal candidate will be part of the team that solves complex IT infrastructure issues with software, DevOps principles, & delivers high velocity and high-quality infrastructure in private and public data centers.
In this role, you can expect to...
- Identify and solve Infrastructure related problems with code and master building, running, and maintaining enterprise IT infrastructure in a fast-paced environment.
- Work as a key component taking technical direction from senior engineers while performing critical projects in design, development, and post-release support of the tools used by various internal teams at HashiCorp.
- Work as part of the team which owns the development and operations of HashiCorp on HashiCorp for Enterprise IT Infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be interacting with a highly innovative, creative team of infrastructure engineers, architects, and leaders across the organization.
- Participate in automation efforts using Bash/Python/Go/APIs to eliminate manual work in building infrastructure, performing releases, and other operational work.
- Use HashiCorp Cloud Platform and Terraform Cloud to supervise applications/infrastructure and implement self-healing mechanisms to auto-recover from outages.
- You will get a chance to improve your communication and collaboration skills working with various other Infrastructure and Security teams across HashiCorp.
- 2+ years experience working in an IT DevOps role (or similar) with a strong understanding and practical experience with automation, virtualization, and cloud engineering.
- Applied knowledge of HashiCorp product line with experience problem-solving or streamlining solutions with Terraform, Consul, or Vault at Enterprise Scale.
- Experience with Enterprise Productivity Infrastructure (Slack, Google Workspace, FreshService) with an attitude of automation and self-service.
- Coding/scripting and debugging experience for building and integrating systems & solutions (Bash, Python, Go, etc.)
- Public cloud engineering on GCP, AWS, or Azure platforms. Cloud provisioning, infrastructure, and migration at cloud scale.
- Hands-on experience with Linux Systems Administration and Management, Servers, and Cloud architecture; ability to solve detailed Linux platform issues.
- Understanding fundamental network technologies like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, SQL, HTTP, Switches, Routers.
- Experience supplying to large infrastructure projects, working with senior engineers, and involving multiple cross-organization partners.
- A continuous learner, critical thinker, and an extraordinary teammate with excellent communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please contact us to request accommodation.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
For more information regarding how HashiCorp collects, uses, and manages personal information, please review our.