WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Sr. Accountant
A little bit about our team:
The Finance Department is responsible for managing all the center's accounting and cash management functions. As a critical component of the Finance department, the Accounting Operations Group provides accounting services and support to WMG's US record labels and businesses.
This role has the option to be fully remote. The Senior Accountant of Accounting Operations is responsible for assisting the direct supervisor with the monthly close processes and various tasks related to the financial statements for the business unit(s).
Here you’ll get to:
- Perform advanced tasks and analyses required for monthly/quarterly financial reporting for US business units
- Perform tasks as part of the monthly close process, including preparing or posting journal entries, monitoring sub-ledger interfaces, and ensuring the timely analysis, preparation, and submission of close-related deliverables
- Perform advanced accounting and financial analyses related to label artist and copyright royalty expense, including ensuring related royalty assets and liabilities are presented in accordance with GAAP
- Exercise analytical skills in performing responsibilities and preparing deliverables
- Ensure compliance with SOX requirements
- Assist with preparing internal and external audit documentation
- Maintain strong relationships with finance personnel of domestic and international affiliates/business units as well as other divisions within WMG
- Perform cross-functional or cross-departmental responsibilities based on need
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word, with preferred experience in SAP and Hyperion
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with Label Finance, Corporate Finance, and other internal/external parties
- Detail oriented and able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Possess strong analytical skills in reviewing accounting transactions
We’d love it if you also had:
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance, CPA a plus
- 4-5 years of experience with a Big 4 CPA firm in auditing and/or entertainment industry experience
- Experience in client service
- Staff oversight experience
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels. Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.