Senior Technical Writing Specialist 🔥
At Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you’ll discover impactful work, innovative thinking and a culture dedicated to working the right way, for the right reasons - with the customer always top of mind. The work we do matters, like helping customers find cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and delivering COVID-19 solutions. As the world leader in serving science, with the largest investment in R&D in the industry, our colleagues are empowered to realize their full potential as part of a fast-growing, global organization that values passion and unique contributions. Our commitment to our colleagues across the globe is to provide the resources and opportunities they need to make a difference in our world while building a fulfilling career with us.
Location/Division Specific Information
US - Remote
The Senior Technical Writing Specialist will be based remotely in the US, working in the Global Quality Systems team in the Pharma Services Group (PSG). You will work with colleagues on sites and divisions across the globe.
What will you do?
As a Senior Technical Writing Specialist, you will use your outstanding writing skills and strong GMP understanding to lead the writing, editing and development of some of our high priority Global policies and procedures. You will be skilled at working with documents requiring a high degree of accuracy and at focusing to meet project targets. You will enjoy collaboration with subject matter experts and leaders to get to the concise and valuable GMP content we need. And you have a passion for writing clear and relevant content that can be put to good use by users throughout our business.
- Use your expert writing and editing skills to support the production of global documents – Policies, Manuals, Procedures and work instructions. Many of these documents are key to our operations worldwide.
- Be a strong voice for the clarity and consistency of written content – sometimes redrafting material supplied by others and helping colleagues to find the words they need.
- Proofread and edit content written by others to ensure completeness, accuracy and clarity.
- Contribute in team meetings about documents with Business unit representatives, managers, Subject matter experts, quality and regulatory analysts, and other business team members.
- Lead and enable decision-making on matters related to the key processes that affect our documents in development
- Manage both detail and oversight and enjoy the challenge of moving between the two
- Set high standards for instructional writing and be prepared to work with accuracy
- Manage graphics, support style guidance, translations, and aspects of document control when needed
- Act as an advocate for good writing practice
- Train, mentor, and coach other writers to improve documents and communicate about them with skill
- Stay current with GMP standards and best practice
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field with 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Advanced degree preferred
- At least 4 years of technical writing experience in pharma or regulated industry.
- Proven experience in writing policies, procedures, and other documents with global impact.
- The ability to work on multiple projects or workstreams, setting their schedules and priorities.
- Experience in topic-based authoring and authoring in Documentum desirable
- Writing skills and training.
- Excellent writing skills and a passion for it.
- Ability to organize information logically and write clearly, concisely, accurately, and quickly.
- A thorough understanding of GxP pharma content and are able to effectively adapt structure, tone, and style to meet needs.
- Strong interpersonal, project management, and critical thinking skills are essential.
- This is an autonomous position, so you should be self-sufficient and self-motivated.
- adept at learning new processes and software tools, and have a keen attention to detail and high regard for quality.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.