Product Designer 🔥
Insight Timer is the world's largest meditation community of 20 million people from 120 countries speaking 50+ languages. We publish the largest free library of conscious content on earth with 100,000 guided meditations and music tracks from 11,000 contributors.
We have been featured by TIME, Forbes, The New York Times, and Vogue, and our apps have been awarded Google's Editors Choice and Apple's App of the Day on multiple occasions around the world.
About the Role
We are looking for a Product Designer who is deeply passionate about building products that are beautiful, innovative, and help our community of 20 million meditators improve their spiritual health and well-being.
As a Product Designer at Insight Timer, you will work within one of our consumer Product teams, partnering with Product Managers, UX Designers, and Engineers to take features from concept to launch and beyond. Product teams at Insight Timer are empowered to work autonomously to solve real customer problems, release solutions, and measure impact, all at a regular cadence. This is a unique opportunity to design, and lead the design execution for, end-to-end product experiences, and see your work impact millions of customers.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be autonomous, comfortable with the ambiguity and pace of a dynamic start-up, and most importantly, care deeply about both product and design. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
What You'll Do
- Partner with Product Managers, UX Designers, and Engineers to design solutions that meet the needs of our customers and business.
- Own the design vision and execution of team projects, from high-level concepts to final visual specifications.
- Explore and design solutions that scale across different platforms, leverage our design system, and align with our brand aesthetic and values.
- Collaborate with engineers to assure the visual quality of our output.
- Actively participate in design rituals with Product Designers within the organisation to continuously improve our design practices, processes, and operations.
- Report directly to the Chief Product Officer.
Who You Are
- You have an inherent desire to create products people love to use.
- You take pride in your attention to detail. You dot your i's and cross your t's, literally and figuratively.
- You understand the speed at which startups move and are comfortable working with ambiguity and autonomy.
- You love simplicity and the challenge of simplifying complex problems.
- You're an excellent collaborator and communicator, and know how to communicate, verbally and visually, at the right level for the right audience.
- You like structure and process, but are comfortable navigating a startup environment that has less of it. You are able to flex and pivot with the flow to deliver excellent results.
- At least 3 years of product design experience, preferably in mobile apps.
- Confidence and competence in producing design concepts, prototypes, and final UI designs in Figma.
Our team is a global bunch of conscious creators who are passionate about building products that make a difference. Like most of the world, we've transitioned to working from home. We're working hard to keep our global team connected. We host team meditations, focus on our wellbeing, incorporate flexibility into our work week and celebrate our successes along the way.
Just some of our Perks at Insight Timer...
- Competitive Salary & Stock Options
- Team Retreats and Events
- Birthday Leave & Birthday Bonus Gift
- WFH Set-up & Bonus
- Giving Back Days - Charity/Volunteer work
Due to the large number of applications, we will only be reviewing those that provide answers to the application questions.