Social Media & Community Manager
At Flockjay, we are here to empower upward mobility through education and access. Our goal is to create pathways to future-proof careers for people from non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds. We have an experienced team from companies like Intercom, Dropbox, and Teach for America, and have raised capital from the best investors in the industry, including Y Combinator, Serena Williams, and Lightspeed Ventures.
Tomorrow's companies will be defined by how they invest in people. Our team is small and growing - join us and make a meaningful impact. Let’s build a generational company together.
Who You Are
Are you a creative storyteller that loves building community? Are you here to remove obstacles for people from non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds to access life-changing jobs in tech? Are you excited to establish a social media & community strategy for the vocational school of the future?
If you answered with a spirited “Yes!” to all the above, we’d love to have you join our flock!
We’re looking for a Social Media & Community Manager to build out our social presence in a major way! You’ll be responsible for defining a holistic, cross channel strategy, coming up with creative ideas, and deftly executing to ultimately grow and engage our social following. This role requires a unique blend of art and science - you’re an expert content creator and storyteller but can also back it up with a structured plan and measurable goals.
You’ll report directly to our Head of Growth, collaborate closely with other teams, and be based out of our sunny SF office.
What You’ll Do
- Craft our social media and community strategy & messaging
- Own the social media content calendar and schedule compelling content that embodies our brand voice, style, tone, and visual identity
- Proactively develop and post Flockjay content across all social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube, etc.)
- Interact and engage directly with our social followers via public comments and direct messages
- Set appropriate goals, regularly track progress, and optimize strategies/tactics as necessary
- Source and curate content from influencers, partners, thought leaders, internally, etc.
- Own our community building efforts across all channels - both external (Reddit, Quora, Meetup) and internal
- Get scrappy with light graphic design work (video and illustration experience a huge plus!)
- Coordinate with other team members and contribute to related projects like blogging, podcasting, etc.
- Prior success — you have at least 1-2 years of experience in a Social Media/Community role with a proven track record of success
- Belief — you believe in what Flockjay is doing to democratize education & access
- Passion — you have an excellent knowledge of social media platforms and the passion to stay current with the changing landscape
- Creativity — you’re able to develop new ideas, approaches, and ways to be more efficient
- Willingness to take risks — you aren’t afraid to take chances and try new things on social media, with the goal of driving engagement and strengthening our brand
- Communication skills — you have excellent written communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Data & Design skills — you’re comfortable tracking metrics and experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightrooom, etc. is a plus!
- Adaptability — things change quickly at a fast-paced, early-stage startup and you’ll need to keep up!
- Organizational skills — you’re able to juggle multiple initiatives with ease
- Getting in on the ground floor of an innovative mission-first, people-first company where you'll have the support to pursue your passions
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity in a well-funded startup experiencing hyper-growth
- Health and dental insurance
- Monthly health and wellness stipend
- Company-provided lunches 3 days per week, team breakfast once a week, and a kitchen fully-stocked with snacks, drinks, and breakfast staples
- Flexible, uncapped paid time off, in addition to company-wide holidays
- Work from home (remote) and in-office flexibility
- Fully equipped workstation
- Dog-friendly office in downtown SF steps from BART & Muni
We believe diversity is strength & difference is a teacher. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We strive to provide the support required to create a safe, positive environment.
We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We believe organizations must build diversity, inclusion, and belonging into their DNA. Those that do so will build better products, provide better services, and be positive forces in the world.