Technical Support Engineer
*This position can be remote within Australia*
What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a Technical Support Engineer (TSE) to provide high quality, enterprise level, technical support on ScienceLogic products for our customers, partners and other ScienceLogic team members.
Our Technical Support Engineers possess excellent knowledge of systems, network and application monitoring tools along with the drive to rapidly learn the newest technologies. Impeccable communication skills (written and verbal) focused on sustaining market leading customer loyalty is a key requirement for this position.
Who we are…
The Customer Success team is composed of groups of highly intelligent and innovative Technical Support Engineers and Customer Success Managers who are dedicated to delivering a customer experience second to none. Each team member is as unique as the projects we work on, but one thing remains the same – our commitment and passion to delivering outstanding support and cutting-edge technology solutions for hybrid cloud network monitoring.
What you’ll be doing…
We know you love a challenge. And so do we. The entire ScienceLogic team is committed to re-inventing the way organizations everywhere monitor their networks; and as part of the Technical Support team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to provide technical support for our cutting-edge hybrid cloud network monitoring software. The Sr. Technical Support Engineer provides support for ScienceLogic’s entire product suite.
- Acts as a Tier 2 escalation point for advanced customer issues
- Assists with all support cases during periods of heavy volume
- Leads support efforts for customers who have been determined to have Critical value
- Coordinates with Customer Success Managers to address any technical issues impacting a Customer’s success
- Actively engages Technical Support personnel to ensure proper handling of customer questions and issues to which they have been assigned
- Escalates software bugs or feature enhancements to ScienceLogic’s research, development, and product management teams
- Acts as a subject matter expert in more than one area of the product
- Autonomously works on projects and more complex assignments with tangible results delivering benefits to the organizations
- Proactively looks for ways to improve processes and innovate the support experience
- Builds relationships and partnerships with other ScienceLogic teams
- Mentors and trains new team members
- Proactively shares information and expertise regarding recent fixes, and best practices
- Provides on-call and shift coverage as required
Qualities you possess…
The key to being successful in the Technical Support Engineer role within ScienceLogic is being an analytical thinker and an excellent communicator. You must be passionate about helping customers be successful with SL1. The following skills and experience are also necessary:
- 2 - 5 years prior experience in the support of complex, Linux based enterprise software applications
- 2+ years experience supporting Kafka, Kubernetes & Docker components as part of a larger solution, both On Prem and within AWS environments
- 2+ years SQL experience. You should be able to construct complex SQL statements to query and occasionally update information in a MariaDB/MySQL database
- 2+ years Linux administration. Must be familiar with common administrative commands as well as able to write scripts in one of the major shells
- 2+ years SNMP experience. Must demonstrate familiarity with snmpwalk, mibs and oids
- 2+ years networking experience. Must demonstrate experience with firewalls, routers and general network fundamentals
- Practical experience with DRBD, Corosync and Pacemaker highly desired
- Practical experience with PHP and/or Python is a plus
- Ability to function effectively as Lead in escalated cases working directly with customers and coordinating internal effort to address customer issues
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to diagnose and solve complex technical issues
- Ability to professionally perform and communicate in stressful and high impacting situations
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its IT infrastructure monitoring and AIOps platform sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.