Senior Manager, Data Engineering 🔥
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Senior Manager, Data Engineering will lead a globally distributed team of 15-20 data platform engineers, defining and driving the tactical decisions needed to build and deliver the future data state platform for Amwell. This individual will have a well-established background that encompasses strong technical ability, proven success managing teams, excellent project management skills, great communication, and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
- Lead a team of 15-20 data platform engineers to deliver highly available and reliable software for large, critical, and complex systems
- Define and drive tactical decisions around Data Platform domain while providing input into larger strategic decisions around data infrastructure.
- Establish team culture, help guide both career and technical growth of team members, assess employee performance.
- Work with product engineering, product management and other stakeholders to build and maintain a technical roadmap that solves our biggest data challenges
- Ensure your team delivers an extraordinary output and continuously seeks ways to make an outsized impact
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Prioritize, plan projects and features, and manage sprint planning
- 4+ years of management experience leading data both on-shore and off-shore engineering teams.
- 8+ years of professional hands-on experience working within a data/software engineering team.
- History of defining team mission & executing deliverables on time.
- Experience with cloud-based data lake architecture (GCP and BigQuery)
- Experience in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.
- Expertise in SQL, Python, and system architecture
- Experience working in agile environment
- Ability to lead technical design sessions and influence code reviews.
- A bias to action & ability to motivate a team to challenge conventional software engineering thinking.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance