Development Manager 🔥
The Development Manager works to establish and achieve revenue goals, including grant writing, fundraising initiatives, individual and private foundation donations. They will have a proven track record in leveraging an existing prospect pipeline and use industry tools to generate new leads. An ideal candidate for this role is someone who is goal oriented, thrives in a dynamic environment, is comfortable with shifting priorities, and looks to research, plan and execute innovative strategies to encourage and increase revenue for a growing, highly mission-oriented organization. Additionally, grant prospecting, narrative formation, and demographic metric analysis are all fundamental skills for this role.
- Write, curate, and organize content for grant applications
- Lead research efforts related to criminal justice reform trends and apply findings to grant prospecting
- Construct graphs and reports summarizing funding source breakdowns, quarterly reports, and trends over time
- Research funding streams aligned with current and potential program offerings, including both in-facility course offerings and internal apprenticeship programming
- Record and track individual donation information
- Find and cultivate ideal donors from public and private investors
- Build new donor relationships while maintaining ongoing ones, using analytics to determine and conduct targeted follow up strategies
- Respond to individual donations with thank you letter and swag (when appropriate)
- Synthesize and analyze giving data to inform stewardship and growth strategies
- Provide support for donor cultivation events and activities as needed
- Researches/qualifies corporate giving potential from prospects
- Collaborates with the Marketing team to prepare pitch decks, assets and deliverables for use in compelling sizable corporate gifts
- Oversees application and disbursement process of scholarships from The Last Mile and Turn2U inc.
- 3-5 years experience in grant writing, fundraising, or a related field
- Proven track record of developing and growing online giving for a nonprofit or political campaign
- Knowledge of tactics to drive lead generation, prospect profiling, budget cycles and the deployment of mass communication
- Ability to use creative thinking in sponsorship development
- Proven experience supporting multifaceted sponsorships that include: cause marketing, employee volunteerism, program support, events, public relations, social media, etc.
- Comfortable managing multiple high priorities at once, and writing persuasive emails and proposals
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willing to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Experience running a successful annual campaign, developing donor strategies and stewarding donors
- Ability to work and communicate with a wide range of internal and external constituents
- Outstanding written and verbal skills
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining meticulous attention to accuracy and detail
- Self-starter, motivated by goals, and committed to TLM’s mission of fair chance hiring
TLM is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and fair chance hiring at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.