Marketing Director 🔥
The Only One Collective is the digital home for the ocean conservation movement. We leverage the power of technology and storytelling to catalyze a global audience of activists and donors. Our world-class content inspires new audiences, and our technology platform connects them with simple but effective ways to take action. We mobilize a global ocean audience to make meaningful impacts on marine life, the climate crisis, and the communities most impacted by threats to the ocean.
The Only One Collective is made up of two sister organizations:, our expedition and visual storytelling studio, and the platform, the digital action hub for the ocean conservation movement. Our two organizations work together to amplify stories and campaigns that sit at the intersection of ocean health and social justice.
About the Marketing Director (Only One):
Only One is looking for a Marketing Director to be a key support to the growth function and a significant driver to our communication vision and strategy. The Marketing Director is a critical part of the organization’s mission to elevate its message, reach new audiences, and advance its social media strategy. The Marketing Director will...
- Support the development and execution of new growth partnerships to expand Only One’s audiences and base of supporters.
- Manage Only One’s growth strategy across channels including owned email and social channels, the Only One platform, and campaign partners.
- Collaborate with the growth lead to refine Only One’s marketing strategy (incl. brand positioning, target audience, content strategy).
- Analyze and develop strategies for potential new channels to reach specific audiences and/or for content partnership considerations.
- Lead on the development of the community / influencer management strategy, and setup a stakeholder engagement framework to maximize impact.
- Support the development of brand partnership strategies to reach new audiences and increase Only One’s reach and impact.
- Fully design and manage the organization’s content calendar (incl. content buckets, asset sourcing, KPI tracking).
- Collaborate closely internally with the Growth andCreative team to align on content needs and deliverables (content type, specs).
- Support the Growth team in management of paid advertising campaigns.
- Regularly and consistently support in creative development and distribution for social media and email channels in collaboration with the Community Manager and the Multimedia Manager.
- Design testing frameworks (A/B tests) to implement across social media channels and optimize overall strategy.
- Collaborate very closely with the SeaLegacy team, as well as major partners and stakeholders to align on content calendars and priorities.
- Oversee regular analytics reporting on major campaigns and ongoing growth to inform broader teams & stakeholders on progress and success.
- Produce regular performance reviews to inform strategy & future plans.
- Monitor trends, strategies and best practices in the market to identify additional opportunities for growth expansion.
- An expert problem solver with strong skills in time, project and stakeholder management.
- A thought leader and innovator able to find creative ways to grow and engage Only One’s audiences.
- A strong leader, capable of bringing a team together and delivering all projects in timely and consistent manners.
- Active across social media channels with deep expertise around the strategies and needs of each platform.
- Committed to placing issues of environmental and climate justice at the forefront of ocean conservation efforts.
- Skilled at engaging with innovations in digital communications and organizing, content development and advertising, and data and targeting.
- Committed to bringing humor, humility, and kindness to your work.
- A strong writer with a love for storytelling and good visuals.
- Fully remote work set up to allow flexibility for your own working style
- Stipends for personal learning development
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 3+ weeks guaranteed PTO
At the Only One Collective, we are committed to building a workforce composed of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, and identities. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We collect information about our applicants' backgrounds so that we can assess the diversity of our pool of applicants as we seek to build an organization made up of people with a broad range of lived experiences. We believe having a diverse team makes us a better organization, one better positioned to harness the power of storytelling, collective action, and crowdfunding to rebuild ocean life for people and nature.
Read more about our commitment to justice and equity.