Head Of People Operations 🔥
is looking for a Head of People Operations to join our growing team. This is a new role on the KickUp leadership team, and is designed to help us strengthen our employee experience.
In this role, you will actively shape diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, promote and cultivate KickUp culture, and drive talent and performance management improvements. Your ability to work cross-functionally, understand the pulse of the company, build on the company’s existing strengths, and influence at all levels is important.
We are looking for a leader who will empowerat every level of the organization to be successful in their roles.
We recognize that underrepresented groups such as women and BIPOC individuals are historically less likely to apply to a role if they don’t meet 100% of the listed qualifications. We encourage you to apply if you meet a majority of the qualifications and this role is aligned with your career trajectory.
You might be a good fit if you...
- have at least 7 years of professional experience, with knowledge of hiring, managing the employee lifecycle, HR policies and practices and experience in developing, executing and maintaining HR projects and programs.
- have an "owners mentality." You are able to lead programs from concept to execution, adapt to changing priorities, and maintain high levels of ownership.
- understand how SaaS company growth affects the employee experience. Ideally you've been in a software startup or growing organization in the past.
- have a proven ability to manage others and coach leaders through change.
- have demonstrated an ability to build and improve processes that scale.
- build trust and influence at all levels of an organization. Interpersonal communication and promoting transparency are strengths of yours.
- know what you don't know. You are self-aware, you seek feedback, and you are eager to grow with KickUp.
- Develop, implement and monitor programs that promote diversity and inclusion within the company
- Lead KickUp's recruiting and employee onboarding processes
- Develop and oversee our employee learning and development program from onboarding to ongoing skill development
- Develop and oversee our employee career progression and performance management strategy
- Continuously improve the employee experience using industry best practices and employee data to drive strategic decisions
- Lead the entire employee career lifecycle focusing first on recruiting, onboarding, and employee benefits
- Oversee the company’s HR-related software applications & tools
- Lead the entire talent acquisition strategy and process
- Serve as a trusted resource for all employees, guiding them through career development and interpersonal conversations
- Ensure consistent and transparent application of company policies and practices
- Advise managers on HR-related issues and performance management best practices
- Design systems and events that keep employees engaged with each other in a remote work environment
- Lead company-wide communications and events (updates, all-hands meetings, off-sites, etc.)
Why you should join KickUp
Our mission is to empower educator professional growth using data. Your work at KickUp will lead to system-level change in education.
Our team is humble, sharp, and user-focused with a unique blend of both mission driven and business smart qualities.
Our product is a dynamic professional learning and growth platform. It helps give educational leaders an actionable picture of their program's effectiveness.
Our culture breeds innovation through diversity. We want to add team members who bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve.
This is a full-time position that offers a high level of flexibility. This role can be performed remotely, as we have a remote-first team, previously located in Philadelphia.
The base salary range for this position is $90,000 - $100,000, with growth potential.
We offer stock options in our growing company, and a variety of medical, dental and vision insurance options. We also provide opportunities for professional growth including individual stipends for professional learning.
We believe in the importance of recharging and offer a flexible PTO policy. Most of our employees average between 15-20 PTO days per year in addition to 11+ paid company holidays. Our team also enjoys focus Fridays -- a day without slack or meetings, to provide flexibility and focus time.