Academic Sales Representative 🔥
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a young startup and make an immediate and lasting impact as the company scales?
Learner.com is looking for an Academic Sales Representative to help connect our world-class tutors with our customers. This is a full-time, remote position.
Learner.com is an online-only tutoring service focusing on providing the absolute best quality tutors at affordable rates to our US-based customers. We are a small startup targeting triple-digit growth over the next few years - join us to be part of the beginning of a world-class educational company.
As an Academic Sales Representative, you’ll be speaking with prospective families and students and helping them connect with a great tutor. You’ll be in charge of our industry-unique free-trial process, and will be responsible for guiding interested families through our enrollment process.
We are looking for energetic, motivated candidates with a passion for education. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the needs of parents and students from Kindergarten through College, and be comfortable and energized having academic-focused conversations over the phone, text, and email. This is a great opportunity for educators to make a transition into a more sales-focused career at a high-growth education technology company.
What You’ll Do
- Consult with prospective students and families who have requested tutoring services.
- Guide students through our free trial process, helping them connect with our tutors.
- Handle inbound inquiries for tutoring services quickly and effectively.
- Accurately and efficiently track customer contacts in our CRM.
- Coordinate with our Student Success Manager to ensure free trials are executed properly.
- Follow up with families who have completed free trials to enroll them in ongoing services.
- Hit weekly and monthly targets for new free trials and enrollments.
- Other responsibilities as required for the growth of the business.
- You are empathetic, have high emotional intelligence, and passion for helping people achieve their educational goals.
- You are ambitious and would be excited to be responsible for driving revenue within a scrappy, growing startup. The idea of hitting a sales target motivates you!
- You love the grind! You’re willing to put in the work to get things done.
- You are a self-starter and thrive in an ambiguous and autonomous environment.
- You’re a natural problem-solver and possess the ability to flexibly address changes rapidly and effectively. We are a fast-growing company and things are changing all the time!
- You are naturally curious. You seek out resources and ask questions.
- You’re coachable and open to feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Strong understanding of education in the US and methods for ensuring student success. Strong written and verbal communication skills. You must be comfortable on the phone!
- General computer skills- we use google suite and VOIP to connect with our customers.
- Familiarity with CRM operations (particularly the Zendesk suite) is a plus but not required.
- Willingness to dive in and learn!
- This is a remote, work-from-home position. A home computer will be necessary.
$40,000 base salary, $15,000 in annual bonus potential, and stock options. This role does not offer medical benefits.
Full-time, with occasional weekend shifts required.
This is a fully remote position within the United States.Show more Show less