Social Media Strategic Planner - Seattle or Remote 🔥
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only
celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
New ideas are the way Starbucks continues to stand out in social media, helping it become one of the most culturally relevant brands in the world. Starbucks is seeking a Social Planner to join our transforming team.
The candidate we’re seeking has unlocked the potential of today’s social platforms and is deeply fueled by what’s next. You treat customer input as extraordinary - and have a bias toward action. You think big, have strong instinct, and can demonstrate prior work in strategic planning that’s led to meaningful social media engagement and innovation for large, global brands.
As a Starbucks Social Media Strategic Planner, you will be a key contributor in directing how we embrace opportunity, both in shaping the future social experience as well as the development of campaigns that delight communities and create connection to our brand. You will co-lead our social-first planning process as well as craft meaningful insights to drive our marketing and values-driven brand forward. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are an inspiring communicator, and believe collaboration is the foundation for work excellence. Your eye towards culture is finely tuned - separating fad from meaningful trend as we identify fundamental shifts in the world around us. Most importantly, you are passionate about the positive role companies can play by bringing people together.
As a Social Media Strategic Planner, you will…
- Develop and own key customer and cultural insights to inform Starbucks marketing and social campaigns ensuring recommended positioning will resonate with the customer, elevate our brand promise, and meet business objectives.
- Manage our social-first campaign process including research, cross-functional ideation, idea prioritization, and briefing.
- Partner closely with social campaign strategy and campaign management, creative, and brand marketing teams to provide feedback and assist in the creation of seasonal marketing/social briefs, key campaign concepts, and creative work.
- Alongside social content strategists, lead brainstorms and work sessions that foster new content ideas using proven facilitation techniques.
- Integrate key learnings into campaign development, allowing for new thinking and testing that enhances brand perception and social’s impact.
- Champion the voice of the social customer across the organization, ensuring our work is relevant, on-trend, and builds on past success.
- Provide strategic oversight and support on critical business projects for cross-functional planning as needed.
- Experience in planning for social impact/responsibility or mission-driven brands is a plus.
- 4-6 years of experience as a strategic or brand planner at a digital agency or large brand. Social strategists with significant consumer research experience will also be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in synthesizing actionable insights from many data sources to serve as foundation of a marketing or social campaign.
- Skilled at inspiring creative thinking across all teams, roles, and levels
- Strong social listening and analytical thinking skills; passion for building data-informed and meaningful insights and recommendations.
- Significant understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Compelling presenter who can demonstrate credibility among leaders.
- Expert at managing details and timelines across multiple projects and workstreams.
- Well-versed collaborator with strong ability to elevate thinking through feedback, leading people to leverage strategic versus tactical thinking. This role is critical to establishing trust among key stakeholders for a growing capability within Starbucks.