The Center for Justice & Accountability is an international human rights organization dedicated to deterring torture, war crimes, crimes against humanity and other severe human rights abuses around the world through innovative litigation, policy, and transitional justice strategies in pursuit of truth, justice and redress for victims and survivors. CJA’s vision is a world in which justice thrives – where every nation has the capacity and willingness to prosecute human rights criminals and achieve justice for those most marginalized in society. We believe that the world’s worst human rights criminals should be brought to justice wherever they are found, as we help build the rule of law in the nations where the original crimes occurred.
This position contributes to CJA’s overall mission by assisting with management of technical assistance programs.
The ideal candidate will have superb written and interpersonal communication, familiarity with international human rights issues, excellent organizational and self-management skills, a strong attention to detail and deadlines, and a learning mindset. The candidate should be committed to the non-profit/social justice field. This is a full-time, salaried position with excellent benefits. This position is fully remote and can be based anywhere in the United States.
The Program Officer reports to the Deputy Executive Director. The Program Officer also collaborates with the Executive Director and program, fiscal and administrative staff.
- Assists in the design, development, implementation and tracking of technical assistance programs and activities;
- Assists in the preparation and editing of grant reports and other information prepared for donors or partner NGOs;
- Assists in recruitment and engagement of consultants;
- Leads logistical arrangements for domestic and international events in compliance with procurement requirements and travel guidelines;
- Provides support in the development, implementation and reporting on MEL plans and PITT;
- Assists in cultivating and fostering collaborative relationships with partner NGOs;
- Provide administrative support for projects; and
- Performs other related duties as required.
· Bachelor’s degree and an ongoing commitment to professional development and minimum of five (5) years of total relevant experience (international development, program management);
· Excellent cross-cultural communication skills;
· Ability to work independently and strength in multi-tasking, goal-setting and workload prioritization with strong attention to detail;
· Thrives as part of a team with diverse experience, expertise, and skills; and
· Commitment to CJA’s mission.
· Master’s degree or Juris Doctorate
· Experience working overseas and/or with an NGO
· Proficiency in another language, preferably French or Arabic
Salary and benefits
Salary range is commensurate with experience (range $58,500-$65,000). We offer a very generous benefits package including payment of 100% of the health insurance premiums for employees. CJA also offers other benefits including life insurance, long-term disability protection, a group 403(b) retirement plan (with an employer contribution), Flexible Spending Account, and support for professional development.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Attn: PO Search” in the subject line of the email. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CJA is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, multicultural work environment. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, CJA will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.