Senior Software Engineer - Remote 🔥
Tucows Wireless Services is building a new modern SaaS platform to help wireless companies operate around the world. The rollout of 5G networks in the US and elsewhere provides opportunities for innovation in the telecom space. And as an Internet company, our culture, experience and approach positions us well to take advantage of these. It is a thrilling time to be working with native 5G, and we’re looking for the right players to help us.
If you are a seasoned (5 years +) software engineer with solid opensource technology experience, and this sounds like something you might like to be a part of, we may have a job for you!
Why Work With Us:
- Work in greenfield software development.
- Solve problems at scale for millions of people.
- Work with cutting edge technologies.
- Work with and learn from some of the smartest minds in the industry.
- Provide level of effort estimates for delivering features and meet commitments.
- Develop systems that follow an event driven architecture.
- Establish & encourage healthy team norms
- Participate in code reviews that encourage best practices
- Mentor team members to be as awesome as you
- Utilize Kafka
- Build, launch and support scalable, reliable distributed applications and resilient microservices.
- Write highly observable systems using any of Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, New Relic etc.
- Implement Infrastructure as Code using technologies such as Terraform, Nomad and/or Docker.
- Learn, grow, and have fun!
- Have software engineering experience and a consistent record of writing elegant, maintainable, self-documenting code in Python.
- Have 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Have experience in leading teams that can routinely ship value
- Have experience with web frameworks such as Flask, Django, and FastAPI.
- Have experience with high volume API based applications utilizing technologies such as Traefik and Kong.
- Familiar with microservice architecture frameworks and design patterns.
- Know, and can demonstrate, the value of agile processes, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge with people you work with.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Love to collaborate, are a great teammate, an excellent listener, and are fun to work with.