Senior Product Manager 🔥
Candid seeks a strategic senior product manager who possesses an outstanding track record of creating value driven subscription products for mobile and web. The ideal candidate will quickly and continually identify opportunities that drive customer engagement and satisfaction. If you are an exceptional product manager looking for a way to impact the social sector, this is the role for you.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019, Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid,
a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our
talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
Position: Senior Product Manager
Reporting to: Senior Director of Products
Location: New York area preferred, remote considered
Unique product management opportunity to drive social change working for an exceptional, technology and user centric nonprofit. Candid’s products offer exceptional, best-in-class data about the social sector and are used by companies and nonprofits to facilitate their work as change agents. The Senior Product Manager of Foundation & Commercial Products will lead strategic direction and product roadmap for their assigned product portfolio prioritizing features that drive customer acquisition and retention. He/She/They will drive innovation that enhances overall customer experience to exceed expectations.
· Quickly establish yourself as the Subject Matter Expert for GuideStar Pro, Charity Check and Foundation Maps.
· Strong emphasis on the migration of the product portfolio to a mobile first user experience.
· Establish and maintain product road maps for all assigned products that maximize benefits for the user thereby achieve ambitious customer acquisition, engagement, and retention targets.
· Ability to identify and capitalize on new and existing addressable markets and trends to increase market share.
· Continually ship product enhancements and/or new features that drive to improve users’ product satisfaction and drive customer acquisition and retention.
· Manage product backlog of functional requirements, balancing value and level of effort to achieve key product and revenue goals.
· Ongoing strategic planning and innovation based on current market research, emerging trends, competitive pricing and SWOT analysis.
· Know when to sunset features that have outlived their usefulness.
· Ability to support existing customers while simultaneously building the products to delight future users and evolving market segments.
· Advocate for the voice of the customer and lead cross-functional technical and business intelligence teams to achieve optimal customer satisfaction.
· Provide cross-functional teams with the necessary context included in user stories so that they can deliver outstanding customer experiences.
· Monitor and report on key metrics including, but not limited to revenue, acquisitions, churn, engagement, daily and monthly active users and active subscribers to inform product roadmap decisions.
· Establish and maintain processes for testing, design, rollout and maintenance of products.
· Collaborate with design, UX, sales, marketing and customer success to ensure outstanding product design, outreach, and engagement.
· Articulate key value propositions of assigned product portfolio to inform product marketing and support teams.
· Maintain release notes for internal stakeholders.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· 5+ years Product Management experience
- Proven track record optimizing desktop applications for mobile interfaces.
- Mobile app/UX experience to facilitate seamless interoperability between desktop and mobile experience.
- Data driven decision maker.
· Ability to translate feedback into clear, market-facing, product enhancements.
· Independent, high level of initiative and ownership, ability to coordinate efforts across diverse functional groups.
· Diligent listener and communicator; ability to adapt approach among diverse audiences.
· Extremely flexible and prefers a dynamic, constantly changing work environment.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Sensitive and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
· Champions and represents Candid’s core values: We’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
· Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested.