Fully Remote Senior Cloud Software Engineer - Mariadb 🔥
Position: Senior or Lead Cloud Software Engineer
Location: Fully remote anywhere in the U.S. or Canada
Work Visa's: No sponsorships are available at this time
Comp: $150K - $200K (dependent on seniority & location) + attractive equity + 25 days PTO, private medical
Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing international company whose products are used by big Internet and other companies all over the world? Company is the fastest-growing open source database worldwide, with more than 12 million users. We power applications at companies like Deutsche Bank, DBS Bank, Nasdaq, Red Hat, ServiceNow and Verizon, and we partner with companies like Alibaba and Facebook. The company was founded by the team that created MySQL and enjoys unprecedented technical depth for a startup.
What You’ll Do
As a member of the Cloud Platform development team, you will be responsible for design and implementation of features in Company Cloud that includes Kubernetes Operator, infrastructure automation and performance tests in K8S platform.
- Design and develop features in MariaDB K8S operator framework.
- Develop various components of cloud based DBaaS infrastructure.
- Identify performance problems and develop solutions to fix them.
- Collaborate with Product, Support, DevOps, QA and architects in designing highly secure infrastructure.
- Implement high quality, secure and robust applications with optimal performance in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead and mentor junior team members.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or higher
- 10+ years of experience in software development with 5+ years in distributed software development
- Deep understanding of algorithms & data structures and their runtime complexities
- Solid understanding of OS Internals and networking
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes in public cloud is a must
- Proficiency in any of C/C++, Java, Python or Go
- Experience working with any of GCP/AWS/Azure
- Experience development in the Unix/Linux environment
- Experience building Kubernetes operators
- Excellent knowledge of RDBMSs, experience with MariaDB/MySQL
- Familiarity with ServiceNow development