EcoAgriculture Partners is a nonprofit organization based in Washington, DC, engaged in research and advocacy in sustainable agriculture, rural development, landscape restoration and biodiversity conservation. Specifically, EcoAgriculture Partners strives for a world where agricultural communities manage their landscapes as ecoagriculture to enable them simultaneously to enhance rural livelihoods, conserve biodiversity and ecosystem services, and sustainably produce crops, livestock, fish and fiber.
EcoAgriculture Partners is the convener of the 1000 Landscapes for 1 Billion People (1000L) initiative, a radical collaboration of change agents working together to accelerate landscape efforts to sustain and restore ecosystems, build rural prosperity and confront climate change.
Read more atand .
EcoAgriculture Partners seeks a motivated and bright writer, multimedia storyteller and graphic design enthusiast to join our team as a Communications Associate.
Reporting to the Senior Communications Manager, the Communications Associate will support communications activities for EcoAgriculture Partners and 1000L. The role will involve shaping and implementing a comprehensive communications strategy, including working with 1000L partner organizations worldwide. Tasks and duties include:
- Produce shareable social media content and conduct social listening to help the organization and 1000L engage with audiences and build brand awareness;
- Interview experts, write and prepare blog posts, reported articles, and other materials;
- Use graphic design skills to create infographics and other communications, outreach, event and fundraising materials;
- Capture, edit and publish multimedia storytelling elements;
- Help mentor and train communications interns;
- Institute and monitor communications analytics;
- Potentially travel occasionally to rural settings worldwide;
- Other communications, outreach and administrative tasks as assigned.
- 1-2 years of experience in professional journalism, communications or public information. Environment, science or nonprofit focus with an international perspective preferred;
- Graduate with a major in journalism, communications, marketing, environmental studies or science, conservation biology or a related subject;
- Excellent writing and editing skills and a demonstrated interest in storytelling;
- English fluency;
- Familiarity with various social media channels and CMS platforms like WordPress;
- Familiarity with creative and graphic design programs like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign;
- Strong multi-tasker able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Flexible and willing to learn on the go;
- And a passion for advancing sustainable development, conservation finance and ecosystem restoration.
- Master’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, economics, environmental studies or science, or a related subject.
- Written and spoken foreign language proficiency, especially in Spanish, Portuguese or French.
- Experience working in a multicultural, multi-stakeholder environment.
- 1-2 years of work in an international setting and field experience in a developing country.
- Demonstrated experience or familiarity with development, conservation or agricultural programs or projects in developing countries.
The communications associate will regularly interact with program staff and gain an understanding of international rural development and finance, integrated landscape management, and international policies related to agriculture, ecosystem restoration and biodiversity. The associate will also meet weekly with the Communications Manager for feedback, to monitor the status of projects, and to develop communications projects of their own design.