Grants Manager and Payroll Administrator
Position Title; Grants Manager and Payroll Administrator
Date Modified: Oct 13th 2021
FSLA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Controller
Position Purpose: This position will assist the Director of Finance and Operations in tracking and reporting restricted program area funding. Mercy Center has a budget of approximately $3.7M.
Mercy Center, a community center for women and children in the South Bronx, seeks a sharp, detail oriented, experienced individual who can share our passion and commitment to the community we serve. Mercy Center () has served the women and families of Mott Haven, in one of the poorest Congressional Districts in the nation, for nearly 25 years.
This position will assist the Director of Finance and Operations in all areas of Govt Contract Invoicing and Reporting as well as Payroll Processing, and reporting of restricted program area funding.
This is a full-time position that requires flexibility in scheduling and may require additional hours surrounding monthly Government Contract deadlines, annual Audits and Budget preparation.
- Prepare monthly and Qtly invoices and other reporting for Government contracts
- Maintain tracking systems of Government Contracts monthly billing and redesign as needed to ensure proper invoicing
- Manage, update, and oversee maintenance and organization of all grant documents (e.g. narratives, financials, agreements, amendments, reports, and invoices) in both hard copy and electronic filing systems
- Review and Maintain Monthly expenses allocation report and supporting documentation
- Assist with the preparation of Contract Budgets and Budget Modifications
- Assist with Agency Audits, Government Annual Audits and interim Monitoring visits and preparation as needed
- Follow up with Government representatives on Contract billing issues
- Serve as Administrator of Outsourced Online Payroll;
- Process semi-monthly payroll
- Review all changes, including deductions, new hires and termination prior to processing
- Review and process annual benefit premiums and deductions
- Provide compensation data as needed to outside agency, including unemployment services, worker’s comp, garnishment etc.
- Supply payroll and tax related information as needed
- Address payroll related questions from staff
- Assist with Annual Budget preparation, entering program/Department Budgets into Fund EZ Accounting Software
- Support other accounting staff when needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field required. Master’s degree or CPA preferred
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of progressive grants management experience government and other grants. DYCD experience strongly preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of Uniform Guidance, GAAP, Federal, State & City regulations and nonprofit accounting requirements
- Self-directed and motivated, must be able to manage multiple and complex assignments and meet deadlines
- Must be flexible and willing to adjust work schedule as necessary in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills; able to multi-task, strong follow-through skills and detail oriented
- Strong knowledge of non-profit accounting
- Advanced Excel skills required
Partial Remote work schedule possible. Must be able to travel to the Office when necessary.