Associate, Social Science & Research
Impact by Design (IbD) is seeking a passionate and ambitious Associate for our Social Science & Research client projects to enhance IbD’s capacity to help mission-driven teams and organizations achieve their greatest impact. This position will provide project-based support in all stages of research initiatives (both qualitative and quantitative); project management; data-driven behavior change campaign design and the design of other conservation, environmental, and animal welfare communications initiatives; and training and meeting facilitation.
With a fast-growing portfolio, IbD is looking for an Associate to help us consistently and effectively deliver on client needs. This role is critical for IbD’s success by helping to deliver high-quality processes and materials, and by building strong relationships and confidence with varied and dynamic teams.
This full-time position will be based remotely, and we are looking for U.S.-based candidates.
What you will do:
We have a diversified portfolio of projects and clients, so your daily activities may vary but will include:
- Supporting the development of project deliverables that are executed to the highest standard, which may include:
- Assisting with drafting, proofing, and editing of client reports, presentations, and documents
- Setting up basic data dashboards
- Conducting desktop research
- Coordinating, conducting, transcribing, and analyzing qualitative interviews
- Basic analysis of qualitative and quantitative survey data
- Drafting assessment plans, research questions, and data collection methodologies, and providing data collection support
- Cleaning data and sample size tracking for projects
- Coordinating translation and transcription needs
- Managing research incentives
- Writing IRB applications
- Coordinating with reviewers and tracking feedback
- Providing writing support for campaigns, communications initiatives, and environmental interpretation projects
- Research, evaluation, and monitoring support for client projects, which may include research design, qualitative data collection and analysis, quantitative data collection and analysis, and results reporting and visualization.
- Project management support for client work, in collaboration with project leads.
- Participating actively in IbD team meetings to plan and deliver client work products.
- Sending internal and external communications such as project updates, meeting agendas, responses to client requests or questions, coordination, and scheduling.
- Supporting client cultivation through intake calls, proposal development, and contract development.
- Working closely with project teams to support the design and facilitation of meetings, trainings, and workshops.
- Documenting client successes, learning moments, and testimonials to support IbD business development.
- Mission-Driven: You have a genuine passion for mission-driven organizations that support animals, people, and nature; You want to use your skills to help others thrive in their work and achieve their goals.
- Empathetic: You are considerate of people’s feelings in the context of behaviors and decisions; You are able to recognize emotions in others, and understand other people's perspectives on a situation in order to support them through challenges.
- Curious: You get excited about what’s possible and possess an ability to execute novel ideas; You are comfortable asking questions, surfacing challenges, and seeking support from team members; You have a learning mindset and enjoy creatively solving problems and testing out new concepts.
- Flexible: You do not mind when things change, and you are willing to adapt while still keeping regular work on track; Working with people is fun for you, but you are also motivated and driven when working alone and in a home office.
- Organized & Efficient: You are able to plan, organize, and monitor work in support of a project; You understand the project lifecycle from intake through completion and how to work within an estimated scope of work.
- Credible: You are personally committed to quality when it comes to delivering support and materials.
- Masters in a relevant field with experience in conducting research that used both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Skills in SPSS, R, or another similar quantitative data analysis program
- Experience in qualitative data analysis techniques, such as coding
- Basic knowledge of ethics in data collection and data management
- Experience in interpreting results, writing reports, and presenting results
- Basic skills in survey and interview protocol design
- Microsoft Office Suite of products and Google Apps at an intermediate or higher skill level
- Highly collaborative and eager to work as part of a team, but also a self-starter who can work independently
- Focused and able to work effectively from home and through remote meetings
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Please tell us why you have decided to apply for this position with Impact by Design.
- Other than your technical skills and experience, what makes you great at what you do?
- Given your review of the application and description of Impact by Design - what is one strength will you apply right away and one skill you hope to learn or develop if you are chosen for this position?
Visitfor more information.