Back End Engineer 🔥
CivicActions is a mission-minded company. We focus on helping the government deliver better services through modern software practices. We work in cross-functional, agile teams and communicate openly and honestly. We encourage a balanced, autonomous lifestyle. We are looking for others like us with a true passion for using technology to change our world positively.
As a backend developer you will create, configure, and maintain contributed and custom modules in the context of specific site needs. Aiming for maintainability, simplicity, and reusability. You’ll do this alongside an amazing team and dedicated clients.
Who you are:
- Able to architect and write secure, performant, well-documented object-oriented PHP code that adheres to coding standards
- Develop code collaboratively within Git repositories using forks, branching workflows, and conflict resolution
- Set up and maintain local Drupal sandbox environments based on Docker-based tools (e.g. Lando, docker-compose)
- Experience with Drupal 8/9
- Experience with Drupal APIs (Form API, Configuration API, Menus, JSON API etc)
- Able to develop unit and/or behavioral tests using automated testing tools (e.g. Behat, Cypress, PHPUnit) to validate your features
- 100% company-paid medical/dental/vision/life/ disability with 100% dependent coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible vacation policy. We encourage employees to take time off as much time as needed
- Yearly professional development stipend
- Yearly technology stipend
We value diverse teams and are committed to creating a community of inclusion. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.